A9 C263: Money Sent by a Friend

Xiao Jin'ang knew that Ming Zhou must have been feeling terrible yesterday, or he wouldn't have lost control like that. Holding Ming Zhou gently in his arms felt as warm and comforting as the sun outside the window. Even the hem of Ming Zhou's clothes carried a faint dry scent, inexplicably soothing: "It's okay, you were just ill. After taking the medicine and getting better, everything will be fine."

He didn't need Ming Zhou to explain anything, nor did Ming Zhou have to. Those gory pasts should have been buried in the ground along with the bones of the dead, instead of being dug up time and time again, like a wound healing only to be broken open again.

Ming Zhou's pretended illness and fever last night gave them the perfect excuse.

Just consider it as the other person being sick. Everything will be fine once he recovers.

"..."

When Ming Zhou was embraced by Xiao Jin'ang, he seemed momentarily stunned. Even if he couldn't see, he knew his condition yesterday must have been disheveled and terrible, resembling a madman or a monster...

Xiao Jin'ang's character was as innocent as a blank sheet of paper, never tainted with any darkness. He might have been scared and fled, or at the very least, would cast a strange look, feeling that the person in front of him was mentally unstable and would sever ties after leaving.

Ming Zhou had thought of countless possibilities, but never this one. He closed his eyes and suddenly felt a sourness spreading in his heart, making it hard to breathe. He couldn't control himself and buried his face in Xiao Jin'ang's neck, slowly and cautiously hugging him back.

This simple action by Ming Zhou was tinged with awkwardness and difficulty, and a hint of cautiousness. Since he could remember, he had never had such an intimate physical contact with anyone, and Xiao Jin'ang was the first.

Xiao Jin'ang was the first...

Ming Zhou closed his eyes and finally whispered two words, "I'm sorry..."

Xiao Jin'ang's increasingly comforting attitude made him feel even more sick and ugly, just like that heavy diary. Ming Zhou was used to calling himself thoroughly wicked. So even if sunlight really shone in front of him one day, he wouldn't step forward but would retreat step by step to a corner, curling up and isolating himself in the darkness.

He liked to bear the blame, so unwittingly, he turned himself into the appearance of a sinner.

Xiao Jin'ang felt a cold, wet sensation on his neck. He seemed to realize something and gently patted Ming Zhou's back, then pressed his cold cheek against Ming Zhou's and slowly rubbed it, like a soft little animal, "You've done nothing wrong, don't cry, I will always be with you."

Ming Zhou buried his face in Xiao Jin'ang's arms and said nothing, just slowly tightening the strength of his fingertips.

A faint notification sound rang in the air, as if unwilling to break the morning's tranquility:

【Ding! Host, please note that the villain's blackening degree has dropped to 60%, please continue your efforts~】

Xiao Jin'ang didn't know what the drop in blackening degree represented. To him, it might just be a string of data, meaning he was one step closer to completing the task. It was only after experiencing more hosts that he realized it also represented redemption.

The cat that had been curled up and sleeping in the living room woke up at some point. It stood up from Xiao Jin'ang's coat and, unable to see its surroundings clearly, stumbled around and ended up in the bedroom.

Xiao Jin'ang was originally comforting Ming Zhou when he suddenly felt something furry brushing against his foot. Startled, he retracted his foot and subconsciously looked down, only to see the injured kitten from yesterday.