A9 C274: My Mom Called Me Home for Dinner

Xiao Jin'ang stood outside the door, holding a bunch of bags in his hands. Apart from the condoms and lubricant he bought from the convenience store, there were also many pet supplies inside. Under his arm was a cat bed, and next to him was a cat climbing frame that was more than half a person tall—

No one knew how he managed to carry them up, but he did.

Ming Zhou was blind and lived alone, so he naturally had a stronger sense of caution. He remembered that Xiao Jin'ang should have taken his keys when he went out. Ming Zhou walked to the door and asked, not immediately opening it, "Who is it?"

Xiao Jin'ang bent down to look through the peephole, curious about its purpose, and blinked, "It's me, I'm back."

Hearing his voice, Ming Zhou felt a sudden relief and slowly opened the door, "Why are you back so early?"

It was a sarcastic question.

He actually wanted to ask, "Why did you come back so late?"

But for some reason, Ming Zhou couldn't voice this almost complaining, childish question, so he had to swallow it back.

Xiao Jin'ang lifted the plastic bag in his hand for Ming Zhou to "see" and explained as he entered, "I bought some things downstairs and also got some stuff for the kitten on the way."

Upon hearing this, Ming Zhou paused, "What about your friend?"

Xiao Jin'ang put down the shopping bag he was carrying and, hearing Ming Zhou's question, turned back to look outside, somewhat embarrassed, and asked, "I brought my friend with me, can I let him in to sit?"

Behind the cat climbing frame outside the door stood another figure, surprisingly Jiang Weimian. He had been waiting downstairs for Xiao Jin'ang to finish shopping and had been forced to listen to all the stories about him and Ming Zhou. When he found out that Xiao Jin'ang was already being "kept", he swore he would never talk to this damn thing again.

However, just as Jiang Weimian was about to leave, Xiao Jin'ang asked him for a favor:

"Could you help me carry some things home? My family has a kitten. If I don't buy it a bed today, it won't have anywhere to sleep, but I can't carry too much."

At that moment, countless thoughts flashed through Jiang Weimian's mind. For example, why do I care if you have a cat? Knowing you can't carry much, why did you buy so many condoms? Would it hurt my hand if I punch you?

Jiang Weimian didn't want to agree.

But his "savior complex" was a bit severe, even if it wasn't very visible on the outside.

So he watched as Xiao Jin'ang bought a bunch of stuff at the pet clinic and was forced to carry the 1.5-meter-tall cat climbing frame upstairs.

Jiang Weimian didn't want to go in. His bad memory finally came in handy. He suddenly remembered that the group had analyzed Xiao Jin'ang's villain target more than once—

It was said that he had a high degree of "blackening" and had an antisocial personality. He had killed someone in the original work. It was best not to provoke him if encountered.

Thinking of this, Jiang Weimian discreetly sized up Ming Zhou standing behind the door, only to see an elegant and handsome man. His demeanor was calm and light, but there seemed to be a layer of dark mist around him, making it hard to discern.

Without any sharpness, it still gave off a dangerous vibe. In daily life, it was indeed the kind of person Jiang Weimian wouldn't want to get too close to.

Ming Zhou's sixth sense was usually accurate. He keenly felt a gaze on him, lifted his eyes slightly, revealing those eyes covered with a sickly white film, and met Jiang Weimian's gaze—