A9 C265: My Favorite Human

Xiao Jin'ang left the clinic in a hurry, like a gust of wind, and no one could figure out where he had gone. The nurse opened the curtain and came out, about to ask them which treatment plan they chose, only to see Ming Zhou sitting alone on the bench in the waiting area, lost in thought.

The nurse looked around in confusion and asked, "Dr. Ming, where is your friend?"

Ming Zhou raised his head at the words, and slowly came to his senses, "He... he had something to do and left for now."

The nurse had heard some noises inside just now and asked subconsciously, "Did he go out to borrow money from a friend?"

Ming Zhou remained silent, tacitly admitting.

The nurse found it strange. Ming Zhou was a senior psychological counselor and also worked in a private institution, so his salary was high. Although the treatment for pets was expensive, it wasn’t much for him. If Xiao Jin'ang needed money, he should have asked Ming Zhou for it. Why go through all this trouble? Or was their relationship not as close as it seemed?

Thinking of this, the nurse glanced towards the door and suggested gently, "I don't think your friend will be back. Who would spend money to treat a stray cat? Let’s just give it a simple treatment for its wounds and release it back onto the street."

Hearing that Xiao Jin'ang wouldn't be coming back, Ming Zhou looked over. Even though he was blind, the eyes behind his sunglasses seemed to see through everything. He tilted his head slightly, seeming puzzled, and asked, "Release it back onto the street?"

The nurse sighed and explained, "Dr. Ming, taking care of pets is troublesome, especially a sick one. Even if I want to find a kind person to adopt it, with its poor appearance and health, no one would take it. The best way is to release it back onto the street."

Inside, the doctor was treating the cat's wounds, and the cat's weak and painful meows were distressing. The nurse hesitated and asked, "Dr. Ming, what do you plan to do with this cat? If you decide to treat it, we can start the intravenous drip now."

Xiao Jin'ang still hadn’t returned.

No one knew if he would come back.

Ming Zhou continued to sit on the bench. The pain from his scraped knee last night suddenly came to him belatedly. He subconsciously grasped his knee, trying to suppress the irritating pain. But the more he grasped, the more painful it became. Finally, he let go, and the cat's meows grew weaker.

Separated by a curtain, their situations seemed oddly similar, as if both had become unwanted items.

Ming Zhou slowly took out his wallet from his pocket, pulled out a bank card, and handed it to the nurse, saying only two words, "Treat it."

The nurse was surprised but didn’t try to persuade him further. After swiping the card, she returned it to him, "If you can't take care of it, you can temporarily leave it with us and take it back after it recovers."

She thought Ming Zhou wanted to adopt the cat. However, Ming Zhou remained silent and didn’t respond. After a moment, he got up and groped his way out of the clinic.

Seeing this, the nurse asked from behind, "Hey, Dr. Ming, where are you going?”

Ming Zhou paused slightly as he pushed the door open, saying calmly, "I need some fresh air. I'll be back soon."

In reality, Ming Zhou didn’t know where to go. He just felt suffocated and wanted to leave the environment filled with the smell of disinfectant. However, he had to stop after walking a few circles due to the faint pain in his leg.