A9 C256: We Are Friends

Although Ming Zhou was the one who needed psychological counseling, after their recent conversation, it seemed like their roles had reversed. Now, Ming Zhou appeared to be the patient waiting for treatment.

Ming Zhou felt his cold and damp hand suddenly being held by someone. The unfamiliar touch made him recoil, as if ice had fallen into a furnace, disappearing in an instant.

He keenly sensed danger and panic, so he quickly withdrew his hand, and his body moved back uncontrollably with such force that even the sofa shifted a bit. He became extremely guarded and uneasy.

At this moment, Ming Zhou truly felt the fear and helplessness of being in the dark, making him appear truly blind.

Xiao Jin'ang was momentarily stunned, not understanding why Ming Zhou reacted so strongly. A hint of confusion flashed in his eyes, "Doctor Ming?"

His voice was clear and crisp, bringing a sudden wakefulness to the room.

Hearing his voice, Ming Zhou visibly paused, as if finally realizing something. His tense body slowly relaxed, returning to calmness.

He realized he was in a counseling room.

He realized Xiao Jin'ang was a patient.

And he was his doctor now.

"I'm sorry..."

Ming Zhou apologized for his previous actions. He adjusted the sunglasses on his nose to hide his emotions and tried to revert to his role as a psychologist. After a moment of silence, he suddenly asked an unrelated question, "How old are you this year?"

Xiao Jin'ang counted on his fingers, trying to remember the date he was created by the interstellar executive, "Me? I'm twenty-three."

Ming Zhou said, "I'm thirty-five."

His tone was calm and steady, even somewhat abnormal. He finally understood why Xiao Jin'ang had seemed so naive and innocent:

He was just in his early twenties...

It's a delicate age, shedding some of the naivety of eighteen but gaining some fearlessness of twenty. They are filled with enthusiasm and ambition, once wanting to conquer the world under their feet.

But in another ten years, they would suddenly realize the weight behind every word, which they couldn't bear. Just like how Xiao Jin'ang didn't understand what the word "blindness" meant, or what "being friends for a lifetime" implied.

Ming Zhou took a piece of candy from the small compartment under the coffee table and placed it gently in front of Xiao Jin'ang. Sweets help to ease emotions, so he often had some snacks prepared under his table, which made the gesture seem like he was placating a child, "You're twenty-three, should be working, right?"

"I am," Xiao Jin'ang looked out of the window, pointing to a nearby office building for Ming Zhou to see, even though he couldn't see it, "I work in the Hengming Building.”

Ming Zhou knew the place, it was quite close by, "Don't you usually communicate with your colleagues? You could try getting to know them, maybe you'll make new friends."

Xiao Jin'ang picked up a fruit candy from the table, tore open the wrapper, and studied the candy while shaking his head. His naturally curly hair looked exceptionally fluffy, like a sheep's, "No, it's only my second day at work, and I only know the boss."

Ming Zhou said, "That's okay, you'll get to know more people as time goes on."

Xiao Jin'ang scratched his head, "Maybe not, because the boss said our company will go bankrupt in two months."