A8 C237: The Empress

On the Emperor's birthday, a feast was held at the Bugui Tower. Within the Cloud Realm, all the renowned cultivators from the sixteen royal cities, nine mountain immortal mansions, and eight heavens and six caves had come.

Baili Duyue had always attended the feast alone in previous years. However, this time he unexpectedly brought a man with an extraordinary appearance, attracting everyone's attention. Ignoring the curious glances around him, he sat down with Sang Feiwan, leaning lazily against the chair and pouring himself wine.

Sang Feiwan noticed Baili Duyue's actions and instinctively raised his hand to stop him, shaking his head subtly, "City Lord, don't drink too much, it wouldn’t be good if you get drunk."

The mole spirit had instructed Sang Feiwan to secretly put medicine into Baili Duyue's cup, suggesting that this feast was no ordinary gathering. Although Sang Feiwan threw the medicine into the fire, he decided it was safer not to drink.

Baili Duyue paused upon hearing this, then withdrew his hand and casually said, "Fine, I won’t drink. Who knows what dirty stuff might be added."

He seemed to merely express his disgust for the place, but Sang Feiwan had a hunch. His heart skipped a beat and he glanced at Baili Duyue subconsciously. Seeing Baili Duyue's calm expression, he quietly relaxed.

Tian Gang, holding a sword, was waiting nearby. Seeing this, he seemed to want to approach Baili Duyue to report something. However, Sang Feiwan noticed his movement first, a hint of suspicion flashing in his eyes. He intentionally clutched his stomach, frowning, and leaned against Baili Duyue, "Ah."

Baili Duyue caught Sang Feiwan and thought he was uncomfortable, "What’s wrong?"

In a position where others couldn't see, Sang Feiwan winked at Baili Duyue and whispered teasingly, "There are so many beauties at the feast today. Has the Lord found someone he fancies?"

Baili Duyue hesitated for a moment upon hearing this and then scolded him, "Nonsense."

Sang Feiwan responded, "Then the Lord of the City is not allowed to talk to others and must stay close to me."

Baili Duyue thought there must be something important, but it turned out to be this. Nevertheless, he couldn’t deny that he was pleased with the statement, "You are the Lord's person, naturally, you should stay close to the Lord."

Sang Feiwan felt relieved. He was genuinely afraid that Tian Gang would seize the opportunity to report on him. Having something held against him by others was an uncomfortable feeling. He couldn’t kill Tian Gang, and he couldn’t beat him either, causing him distress.

The Emperor and the Empress had not arrived yet. A handsome man in a yellow brocade had been entertaining the guests throughout the feast. People referred to him as "Young Lord." He was likely Fu Yuhao, the Emperor's sole heir and the next successor of the Cloud Realm.

Fu Yuhao held a high position but appeared approachable, with no airs about him. He was friendly and easy-going. With a casual glance, he suddenly noticed Baili Duyue and approached with a cup in hand, smiling, "Lord Baili, long time no see. The last time we drank together was during the Empress Mother's birthday. Seeing you today, you look even more impressive than before…”

He spoke and suddenly noticed Sang Feiwan beside him. He paused, seeming somewhat surprised, "Lord Baili is indeed fortunate to have such a stunning companion by his side. Why have I never seen him before?"

Sang Feiwan casually lowered his eyes, remaining silent. He thought that this Young Lord might seem harmless, but he was, in fact, quite cunning. Otherwise, he wouldn't have tamed Duan Yang, the playboy protagonist, making him his ultimate "destiny".