CHAP 5 : [FESTIVAL ENDING]

In every corner of the city, people were dancing, playing and having fun. There was no sadness to be felt: the capital of the Jura Foundation was secure. Members of the Black Numbers wandered around from time to time to make sure there were no troublemakers or people trying to cause trouble.

In the depths of the Ramiris labyrinth, Rimuru sat pensively at the bedside of someone very important to him. It was Shion. Indeed, her fight against Carrera had given rise to a number of hypotheses in Rimuru's mind. What is this entity that has suddenly awakened Shion's naturally combative instincts? Could this entity become a danger to Shion? A thousand and one questions echoed in Rimuru's heart

"Ciel, give me an explanation about what is happening to Shion"

"Understood. During their fights, Shion realise that she was not strong enough to defeat Carrera. Of course, her Ultimate Skill is too strong for Carrera but the difference was the time they were born. Carrera is a primordial being, her entire existence was shaped by battles and combat. It's impossible for Shion to win in a direct confrontation with the primordials. By honing her skills and multiplying her battles, she could succeed."

"I know Ciel, but this does not explain this entity".

"Like I said Master, Shion realised her weakness, But his determination was unfailing. She didn't resign herself to loss. Faced with you, for her there was only one option. Victory. So she pushed her Ultimate Skill Susano to the limit. She responded to her mistress's desire by becoming an intelligent entity guiding her in her battles."

"This entity is like you, Is it a manas too ?"

"Negative, This entity does indeed have the characteristics required to become a manas, but I've blocked its development because it would disrupt space-time."

"Or you just don't want to have another competition". Rimuru replied with a smile

"Negative, it's just your imagination" Ciel replied.

Gradually, with his strength, Shion opened his eyes. Feeling a delicate hand cross hers, she raised her head to see her beloved master. In an instant, her enthusiasm vanished and was replaced by sadness.

"Rimuru-Sama I am deeply sorry"

"You don't have to worry, you and I already talked about it, I couldn't be prouder of you after the masterful fight you put up. However, you've developed a skill that's as useful as it is dangerous. Ashia will personally take charge of your training."

"Ashia, Ashia she annoys me because I feel she's closer to you than I should be"

"Ashia was the one who worried most about you, and she considers you both a friend and a formidable adversary. She still can't express her feelings, but believe me, she cares about all of you."

"I will talk to her, when I feel better. Thank you very much Rimuru-Sama, I will be back soon."

"Rest well".

Luminous & Hinata

In their private appartement in Tempest, Hinata and Luminous were contemplating the beauty of this country for the umpteenth time. Hinata still wondered how monsters could achieve such economic and military prowess. The guilt still lingered inside her. Her blind faith that had led her to seek the destruction of this country. A faith that had twice brought her close to death in her encounter with Rimuru and the primordials.

"How are you doing Hinata, you seem lost in thought"

"I still have this lingering feeling of guilt Lady Luminous."

"Sigh, you are still their Hinata, we met with Rimuru and talked to him, you saw your teacher and the children are safe what's more do you need."

"I guess you are right my lady."