18

Chapter 18 Prepare for a Rainy Day

Novel: "I am reborn and set up a street stall in the apocalypse" |Shihu | Updated: Collected: 3 years ago

Chen Hailong was the first to rush over, "Great, I've been thirsty and hungry for a long time. I've been angry with those guys for so long, I can eat a cow now."

Qiu Liangyu looked at Chen Hailong with some words as she gnawed the bread - before meeting Chen Hailong, she had only heard people say "I'm full of anger". This was the first time she heard someone say that she was "angry and hungry".

Xiao Liang smiled and handed a box of milk and a hand-shredded bag to Chen Hailong, "Then you eat more, I took a lot, enough for us to eat for two or three days."

Chen Hailong did not eat it himself immediately. He handed the milk and hand-shredded bag to Ye Shaoyang, "Boss, you eat first."

"Brother Datong and Brother Xufeng will eat too." As he spoke, Chen Hailong took two bags of bread and two cartons of milk from the bags on the ground and handed them to Zhen Zhitong and Wang Xufeng respectively.

"Thank you." The three of them first thanked Chen Hailong, and then nodded to Xiao Liang respectively.

Xiao Liang smiled and handed another bag of meat floss rolls to Chen Hailong, "Eat quickly, we have to find other things after eating."

"Other things?" Chen Hailong opened the bag of bread and asked Xiao Liang curiously: "What other things?"

"Tents, sleeping bags, quilts, blankets and other things that can keep you warm."

Chen Hailong patted his thigh and said, "Yes, the temperature now is nothing like July or August. Those who don't know better would think we are spending the winter."

"Winter will be colder." Xiao Liang revealed important information about the apocalypse seemingly unintentionally, "You should have noticed, right? From last night to today, the temperature in D City has been dropping. According to this trend, we are afraid that Soon we will usher in a world of subzero ice and snow.

Wang Xufeng was convinced of Xiao Liang's "analysis", "Then we have to make preparations early."

Qiu Liangyu nodded repeatedly at the side, "Yes, we do need to make preparations in advance. But rather than wearing warm supplies such as clothes and quilts, I think we should find a well-preserved building that can protect us from wind and rain."

"Liangyu is right, we can't just live in the parking lot." Wang Xufeng was the first to agree with Qiu Liangyu's suggestion.

He turned his attention to Ye Shaoyang, "Shaoyang, what do you think?"

Ye Shaoyang nodded slightly to everyone, "Then let's find a temporary place to stay, so that the materials we retrieve can have a place to be properly stored."

Chen Hailong had another worry that was different from others. He told everyone: "It would be good to have a house to live in, but if the earthquake is not over yet..."

"Hai Long's worries are also reasonable. I think we might as well look for bungalows that haven't collapsed yet." Chen Hailong rarely thought outside the box, and Qiu Liangyu praised him happily.

Xiao Liang threw the empty milk carton into a garbage bag, "We can also consider small villas with two to three floors, especially those with yards."

Bungalows are much harder to find than villas in cities. Except for a few urban villages and factories, there are no bungalows anywhere in D City.

In view of the fact that urban villages have always been complex in terms of personnel and dirty environment, Xiao Liang did not want to camp in such a place with his teammates.

Factory buildings, like open-air parking lots, are easily regarded as safe areas by nearby residents. Xiao Liang and the others couldn't just get rid of that group of survivors and then dive into the other survivors.

In order to facilitate their search for supplies, it is impossible for them to move as a team to remote suburbs where there are more bungalows.

On balance, the villa area is more suitable for their temporary residence.

The villa area is sparsely populated, and at least half of the houses are unoccupied. As long as they start early enough, they can easily find a suitable place to stay in the villa area.

"That's it." Ye Shaoyang made the final decision, "After we finish eating, we will go to the villa area closest to here to check out the situation."

Qiu Liangyu asked him, "Then we should just ignore the injured, the elderly and the children in the parking lot?"

"It's up to them. If they are willing to come with us, we will take them with us. If not, we will let them find their own way."

With those previous unpleasant experiences, how could Ye Shaoyang continue to take over everything? He doesn't mind helping others, but he also doesn't want to be criticized for being too much in charge of others.

Xiao Liang is very satisfied with Ye Shaoyang's attitude. There is a saying that "you gain wisdom after every experience". With this experience and lesson, she believes that Ye Shaoyang and others will never save and help others with their passion in the future.

"Then do we need to find some more means of transportation? Although the car cannot be driven, bicycles, electric vehicles, tricycles, etc. should still be able to be used a little bit, right?"

Thinking of the injured, elderly and children with limited mobility in the parking lot, Qiu Liangyu asked Ye Shaoyang and others.

Wang Xufeng pushed up his black-rimmed glasses and said, "It depends on the road conditions from the parking lot to the villa area. If the road conditions are bad and these means of transportation are of little use, then we don't need to spend more time on it."

Ye Shaoyang nodded slightly, "If it doesn't work, we will prepare two simple stretchers and carry the two people with fractures all the way to the villa area."

"As for the elderly and children who don't have family to take care of them, we can let them walk to the villa area on their own. The only little girl who can't walk very well, we can always carry her there with us, either on our backs or in our arms."

Qiu Liangyu thought it was right, so he stopped worrying about this issue.

"In addition to finding a place to stay and collecting more supplies, shouldn't we also find some more reliable and powerful people to join the team?"

The person who raised this question was Wang Xufeng. In his opinion, if this disaster really lasts for a long time and it becomes increasingly difficult for people to survive, then many people will soon start targeting their own kind.

By then, the supplies they have worked so hard to collect and the shelter they have found may become things that others want to snatch.

Wang Xufeng didn't want to be a three-year-old kid running around the streets holding gold ingots, so he felt that while searching for supplies and finding a place to stay, they should also find more companions to come back.

"Brother Xu Feng is right. We really need more companions to hug each other for warmth. Otherwise, we won't be able to cope with just Liu Haoyu, that bastard."

The person who said this was Chen Hailong, who had suffered a loss under Liu Haoyu before. He had not been able to fight back on the spot before, and Chen Hailong had always felt unhappy.

"Speaking of this." Ye Shaoyang glanced at Qiu Liangyu, Xiao Liang, and Chen Hailong in turn, "You three have special powers. Liu Haoyu should really want to absorb you into his team. If you are accidentally plotted by him in the future, When the time comes, you must not stand up to him. Appropriate submission will save you a lot of suffering."