ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ - ᴛ ᴡ ᴇ ʟ ᴠ ᴇ

"Today, for your wonderful physical portion of the final, you will be participating in a mock Search and Rescue at Field Gamma!"

The principal's words echoed in the far recesses of my mind as I dragged out my hero costume from my locker, and headed to the locker rooms to get changed. It was no surprise that my final was entirely different from what the teachers were going to be conducting the next day for the hero students. It was slightly odd however that I would be the one preforming such a different task, or more or less for a support hero in today's world. He said Field Gamma, which was originally used for the hero students to see how much they improved from their internships for the week. 

Slipping on the outfit, I made sure that everything was in place, ranging from my belt to the straps of my boots. There was a new addition to my costume, or more like an asset. It was a pocket knife that I promptly stuck behind me into the sheath that was given alongside it. I only practiced it a little bit with Aizawa, however even himself rarely uses the blade, only if it is a dire situation, and a last resort.

The main thing I was worried about was how the main exercise was going to go. Search and Rescues meant you had to talk and converse with the victims that were caught up in said natural disaster, or in some cases villain attacks. Knowing them, they are probably going to have some teacher be the villain, or they just may go completely unpredictable and pull a natural disaster like a normal person. Standing up tall, I gave myself one last glance in the mirror before dashing off to quite possibly my death and expulsion. 

~oOo~

Field Gamma.

It was the same as when the hero students had practiced in before. It was a metal labyrinth densely compacted leaving few areas of movement and sight. It was used for stamina and racing among the students, probably to up their parkour as well. As I stood on the viewing platform, I gazed down at the death maze with unease. Turning all eyes and ears unto Nezu who was standing alongside the banister, Aizawa close behind. 

The rodent brushed off his suit before stopping in front of my standing figure with a bow. 

"Today Smith you will be conducting your Search and Rescue, and you should know by previous instruction!" He paused nodding to Aizawa who stepped forward and started explaining and gesturing to the surrounding area. 

"I am going to assume you know the main outline for a Search and Rescue. This area is going to be difficult to navigate, however your main goal is to find the singular 'victim' that got caught in this crossfire. The victim is one of the staff, and there will be clues throughout the entire labyrinth leading you to the location of the distressed civilian." 

I followed along, waiting to ask any questions that seemed to bubble up in  my mind. Aizawa held something hidden in his gaze, shooting a look at Nezu who nodded back with a smile. Aizawa seemed to slump slightly but continued albeit with slight resignation,