ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ - ᴇ ɪ ɢ ʜ ᴛ ᴇ ᴇ ɴ

"Aizawa-sensei!" 

"Aizawa-sensei!" 

The voice had sent Aizawa halting from his run through the burning forest. The man stopped and turned around to see a Class B student, Awase, running after him. A grip on his capture scarf and looking at the student with growing worry, he could see a couple scratches and injuries on the student, however he seemed relatively unharmed. Awase stopped running when Aizawa had still, and looked at the teacher with a worried, tired expression. 

"Thank goodness... I was with Yaoyorozu when we were attacked by a Nomu!" The student exclaimed, looking at the cuts on his arm while Aizawa's eyes flashed with alarm, and reached out to steady the student. 

"But then, some dude in a full body jumpsuit came out and gave it some orders to make it go away! The guy then told me and Yaoyorozu the targets before vanishing." Awase had staggered back and looked up desperately at the teacher who placed a hand on his shoulder, and crouched down.

"Who are the targets?" Aizawa demanded, watching as the student snap back up with a hurried nod. 

"O-of course! It is Katsuki Bakugo and Smith Kathryn!"

Aizawa's heart dropped almost instantly, but kept himself together to direct the student. 

"Okay, where is Yaoyorozu?" Aizawa probed looking anxiously at the growing plume of smoke in the air. Awase pointed in a direction before replying,

"She is waiting at the midpoint so we can go tell Mandalay! We were trying to get to you first to have your opinion on the matter." Awase had looked back expectantly at Aizawa, already preparing to run off again when the order came out. 

Aizawa gave a frustrated sigh but started giving his orders nevertheless. 

~oOo~

Aizawa had run back to the camp to check up on Vlad, and then he was instantly back on the path, finding wounded students occasionally, and sending them back to the center. Taking turns and avoiding any area that contained a mass amount of smoke and flames, he finally found one resolute path, and continued down it when he heard voices. This is a total disaster, these problem children better be okay. However, when he entered the area which was a small clearing, his eyes widened in terror at the sight. 

"YOU- YOU BASTARDS! YOU SHOULD'VE GRABBED HER! She was... SHE WAS RIGHT FUCKING THERE!"

"KACCHAN THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO! YOU ARE LUCKY SHE GOT YOU OUT OF THERE!"

"Bakugo, I tried-"

"SHUT IT ICYHOT! SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE TAKEN!"

Oh god no. 

This wasn't supposed to happen!

Aizawa felt his body stiffen at the realization. Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki were arguing, hands waving, insults being thrown into the wind, and Shouji, Tokoyami, and Aoyama we stuck speechless. Ochaco and Asui had just entered and were already crying, although it looked more out of fear than anything else. There in the clearing were scorch marks and footprints telling the story of a struggle, yet there was one prominent feature being a slight dent in the earth.