𝟚𝟜.𝟝

?̷̢̢̬̺͔͇̙̠͆͑̈́͘͠ͅ?̵̢̱͓̗̫̤̫̖̲̮́̉̐̌̅́͐͋̊͝?̵̪̲̝̍ ̶̲͇̻̰̩͚̼̊͛̀̾͊͋̐̆͘̚͜P̶̛͖̺͇̺͉̲͖̱̋̓̇̂́̊͜͠O̶̙͙͎̦͇̘̼̟͛V̷͔͎͕̉̌ͅ

I cringed slightly, even as I practically hugged the brick wall to avoid debris like broken glass, I was all the more reminded of my current situation.

I darted through an opening in a window, careful to not move anything that would make noise, even as a few pieces of gravel skidded across the asphalt below. I had a few goals and I was not adding impromptu infection to my bucket list regardless of the needles carelessly discarded in the room I entered.

Even without having memorized the layout, my target was easy to find all on her own, the quiet sniffles all I needed to slip through her door.

Eri, shaking slightly as she huddled in a corner of the room, displayed all necessary evidence for a sanctioned interference and removal, not that it mattered to a "cat."

I sauntered over, still not trusting what could be found on the ground as I heard a slight crash not far from my current position. Now for the hard part, I struggled to drag the sad excuse for a blanket over to the child, still not yet taking notice of me even as I jumped over her back with the blanket, roughly placing it over her shoulders without much grace.

"Are you gonna be my friend?" The weak whisper caught me so off guard it took all I had not to jump away. I nodded to the best of my ability as I laid myself across her legs, knowing that even if she struggles to talk to a person, a cat surely wouldn't have consequences.

She watched me with wide eyes as I drew small pictures in the dirt scattered across the floor, watching as her pale hand started to join in.

As I sat in front of the tear stained face, I knew it was going to be a long night.