Chapter 11

Aasia's POV

'I can't believe I said my thoughts out loud... not once but twice!"

First I 'oh so  rudely' asked Mrs Malik why Hamza was on my bed and now I told Hassan that I wanted to slap him... What the hell has gotten into me?

Maybe it's the side-effect of accepting a proposal...embarrassment. 

"So...Aasia when do you want the marriage date to be?" Mr Malik asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"I was thinking in about 3 weeks?" I answered, turning to look at  Mrs Malik who looked shocked at my answer.

" 3 weeks! That's too soon." Mrs Malik said shaking her head in disapproval.

"Uh... I don't want a big function... so we don't need that much time." I argued.

Mrs Malik frowned and crossed her arms, "We will talk about this another time." 

'What was wrong with this women.... It's my wedding.' But instead of letting my anger get the best of  me, I nodded and stood up abruptly, "Please excuse me." I said, walking out,but  not before taking a look at Hassan, who had his jaw clenched ... what was he so angry about?

As soon as I left the dining room, I made my way towards my bedroom. My head was spinning angrily and I could not afford screwing things up now.

As soon as I had reached the safety of my room, I shut my door and took off my niqab. I turned around and almost jumped out of my skin when I saw two innocent eyes looking at me... In my moment of anger, I totally forgot that Hamza was in my room.

"Sia?" he asked, rubbing his eyes... The poor boy must have just woken up.

"Yes sweety?" I asked in a sweet tone, walking towards him.

"I had a bad dweam..." he pouted, a tear rolling down his cheek.

I slowly sat down on the bed, and placed him  on my lap. "It's going to be okay... You're a strong boy."

Hamza wiped his tear away, "B..but... It was about Winnie the Pooh... and he was...he was chasing me...He thought i was the honey..." 

I bit my lip trying to keep my laughter in, this child was the cutest thing ever... "Maybe you're just too sweet... that's why he thought you were the honey..." I said ruffling his soft brown hair.

Hamza laughed and jumped off my lap, "Hey! " he shouted, "Don't touch my hair..." 

"But why? It's so soft..." I asked, jumping off the bed and running after him.

"No!" he shouted, running away from me, but  caught him and picked him up, before gently throwing on the bed, where I attacked him with tickles.

"No...Wait...Sia..."He shouted between giggles, but I didn't - not until I heard a knock at my door, causing me to stop abruptly, even Hamza stopped.

"Hamza?" A voice on the outside asked and I quickly grabbed my niqab and put it back on.

"Yes Hassan Bai?" he asked, looking at me with wide eyes.

There was a pause before Hassan replied, "Can I come in?" 

Hamza looked at me the replied when I nodded, "Yes... you can..." 

There was another pause, then the doorknob twisted and Hassan entered.

"We're leaving." He said, keeping his eyes on Hamza the entire time.

"No... I don't want to go... Pwease Sia tell him I don't want to go!" he begged, and I looked up at Hassan, who still refused to look at me.

"Hamza!"he said in a warning tone, when I cut him off...