Chapter 36

Hassan's POV

"Aasia!"I could still hear my panicked scream echoing as she fell to the floor.

I watched helplessly as she lay there, a hand across her stomach cradling her injured side, her face a mask of pain...excruciating pain.

"Miss Casey call an ambulance now!" I shouted unaware of the fear present in my voice.

Pain

Fear

Love

Three emotions I promised never to show...

Yet here I sat, tears in my eyes, a stabbing pain in my chest...fear that I might lose the woman I love wrecking my body

Helpless

The rest is a blur.

Bright lights of an ambulance.

Loud protesting as I refused to leave her side.

Tall white hospitals.

And finally a doctor pulling me back as they rushed my wife away.

*

I'm sitting on a wooden chair, outside the theatre room they rushed Aasia into, but comfort is the last thing on my mind.

All I can think about is the pain in Aasia's eyes before she shut them, the gunshot echoing through my head.

As soon as a nurse left the room, I rushed towards her, "What's happening is she okay?"

"She's stable, she'll be out soon."

A few minutes later, the doctor walked out, a sorrowful look on his face."

"What happened? The nurse said she was fine!" I said, louder then I should have.

"She is...but Sir we couldn't save the baby, she wasn't even..."

"The baby?"

"She wasn't even 3 months pregnant, there was nothing we could do." She said before walking away.

I watched the doctor leave, stunned, just then the nurses walked out, with Aasia on the bed, unconscious.

I followed them to the room, never taking my eyes off of her...how was I going to tell her this? My hands curled angrily into fists, whoever had done this I was going to make them pay!

*

As soon as the nurses left the room, I rushed to her side slowly taking her hand in mine. Her eyes were closed, her complexion pale. Yet she still looked so beautiful, so delicate.

"I'm so sorry Aasia." I whispered tightening my hands around hers, before placing a kiss on her forehead.

Slowly her eyes opened, and she blinked , slowly realizing where she was. Her eyes widened in shock and she sat up abruptly.

"Aasia..." I said gently, standing up. "You're okay..."

"My baby!" She screamed looking at me with frightened eyes, "Please please...is my baby okay?"

I looked at her, thoughts running through my head, but nothing came out my mouth.

A nurse rushed in and quickly gave her an injection, "A sedative," she said, slowly putting Aasia down and she closed her eyes once more.

But I wasn't t paying much attention...anger rushing through me .

She knew...she knew she was pregnant and she didn't tell me.

*********
Salaams
I'm sorry for not updating in forever... and for now leaving this at another cliffhanger, we'll sort of at least,

Vote and  comment please

XOXO

Z