Chapter 15

Aasia's POV

I stared out the window, trying to get lost in the moving trees. But no matter how hard I try, i can't calm the wild beating of my heart. I ran my thumb over my now cold ring finger, remembering how it heated up when Hassan touched it.

I twisted my hands remembering how my heart clenched when he called me 'love'. My dad once called my mom that in one of her videos. I remember how she blushed when he said it...I never blushed like that... That word almost foreign to me.

I glanced at Hassan, he was also staring outside, his posture rigid. He never looked at me nor did he try to say anything...I didn't know if I should be happy about this silence or not.

Silence was beautiful... but also scary. Too much of it led to unwanted thoughts. Thoughts I tried to avoid...

I turned away from Hassan and turned my attention back to my window.

I let out a shaky breath, when I saw we were already at the hotel. The car slowed down and evantually came to a stop.

Hassan opened his door, and got out, before turning back to me his arm out streched.

I hesitated, before placing my hand in his, and they immediately warmed up. He helped me out and I smiled, "Thank you." I said, but he only shrugged, and I immediately let go of his hand.

His jaw tightened, but he kept his gaze forward, not sparing me a glance. We walked in silence into the hotel.

This was a 5 star hotel - as expected- and it was needless to say beautiful. The antique decor was absolutely breathtaking. For some reason I've always loved anything antique.

Hassan led the way into the elevator. He scanned his keycard and the doors closed, making my palms sweaty.

The entire ride up was spent in silence, Hassan kept his gaze on the floor, as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world. When the doors opened, Hassan opened our room door, and i silently followed him in, and as soon as I saw the room I gasped.

This place was absolutely beautiful. Everything looked so...old...so beautiful. The plasma TV looked out of place but at the same time seemed to fit right in.

Hassan slowly turned around and walked towards me. He raised his hand and slowly pulled the strings of my niqab, taking it off. His eyes on mine the entire time.

The slight breeze, coming through the open window wasn't enough to cool my heated cheeks.

He raised his hand and softly touched my cheek, and I couldn't help it, I pulled away...

"Eyelash..." He simply said, dusting his fingers... unaffected.

His touch sent shivers through me yet seemed to warm me at the same time... if that's even possible...

Though he seemed unaffected by this, as he looked around the room. Suddenly his phone rang, he shot me a look, almost apologetic, before leaving the room, to answer the call.

As soon as he left, i released the breath I was holding. I sat down on the bed and let out a sigh... this bed was so soft... it felt just right under my sore and tense muscles.

A few minutes later Hassan walked in, causing me to jump up in surprise.

"Don't worry! It's just me!"

"You should have knocked..." I said shaking my head.

"To enter my own room...'' he asked an eyebrow raised slightly... and that's when it hit me...