Chapter 30

Aasia's POV

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a secret." Hassan said, turning to smirk at me, before turning his attention back on the road.

I sighed, I really didn't like surprises and Hassan was full of them.

"At least give me a clue..." I pleaded.

"Fine...we'll be there is about 2 minutes."

I rolled my eyes at his idea of a clue, there were so many places around here, it was impossible to figure out. I shrunk into my seat, slowly turning up the radio, silently hoping that I was going to enjoy this secret.

"We're here." Hassan announced, opening his door.

I slowly sat up straight, looking around. We were parked outside a restaurant...a very famous expensive looking restaurant.

"Coming?" Hassan asked, after opening my door, I nodded slowly stepping out of the car. I slowly took his outstretched hand and together we walked into the restaurant.

"Table for Mr Malik." Hassan said to the receptionist, the lady nodded pointing towards the elevator.

"It's ready just like you asked." She said, smiling kindly, "I hope you both have an amazing time."

We walked into the elevator and Hassan pressed a button.

The first thing I felt as soon as the doors opened was a cool breeze. I stepped out, surprised to find myself on a rooftop.

Infront of me was a red carpet, leading towards a single table set in the centre. The entire rooftop was lit by candles placed all around. There were two trees in plant pots set on either side, with white Christmas lights wrapped around it.

All in all the place looked amazing.

I slowly turned to Hassan who stood there watching me cautiously..."I hope you like it," He said leaning forward and removing my niqaab. "I specifically asked for a female waitress."

I nodded smiling, "It is absolutely beautiful..."

Hassan smiled relieved, and I slowly removed my cloak, finally showing him my dress.

I shyly looked up, meeting his gaze, "Breathtakingly beautiful," was all he said, before placing a hand around my waist and leading me to the table. Only then did I realise the waitress was already there placing a basket of fresh hot rolls on the table.

"What is all this for?" I asked confused,

"can't a husband just take his wife out?" Hassan asked ,sitting down.

"No,don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just confused – I thought you weren't the romantic type."

"About all that, Aasia I'm sorry... I admit I was a jerk."

I shook my head, "No not a jerk...just someone hurt."

Hassan shook his head, "That's no excuse for what I said, and the thing about your parents leaving..."

"It's okay Hassan, I forgave you for that...People say things out of anger and pain, and you were angry – had every reason to be...I forgive you."

Hassan nodded slowly taking in my words of forgiveness, allowing them to put out the flames of guilt that were slowly eating at his conscious.

"Thank you Aasia, "

"Sometimes we need someone to forgive us, especially when we arn't willing to do it ourselves- that's just something I learnt in London." I finally said, breaking eye contact with Hassan and taking a sip of the water.

Bringing back words from the past hurt, and I wasn't willing to show anyone that part of me – the part that hurt and felt ... the part that was weak. The part that was me.

"Why did you go to London?" Hassan asked, causing me to look up at him.

"I... my mother's sister lives there and I couldn't stay here. Couldn't drive past the road on which my father died. Couldn't see the park where we used to go and the ice cream shop around the corner. I couldn't see all of this – all these places of memories and still pretend I was okay." I replied looking down again, only to have Hassan take my hand across the table, holding it comfortingly.

"You had every right to be upset, you didn't have to pretend you were fine."

I smiled, slowly looking up to meet Hassan's gaze, allowing him to see all the pain that floated in my eyes, like burning flames in the night sky, "What's the point in showing the pain, if there's no one there to comfort you?"

"What about Aunt Sadia, mammajee?"

"They had pain of their own... dumping it on them seemed unfair." My answer was simple and honest... every word I uttered was the 'honest truth' I was scared to admit.

We shared many secrets that night, more secrets than we had since we were married. These secrets were beautiful, but each one held pain of our past. Pain that only made us stronger as individuals but together...together it made us invincible.

*

"Isn't the hotel that way," I asked pointing in the opposite direction to which we were driving.

Hassan nodded, "Jee, but I'm we're not going there."

After eating our meal, and talking for what seemed like forever, Hassan paid the bill and I thought we were going back to the hotel, but apparently not...

"Why not...I thought you were tired?"I asked.

"I am... but why go to some hotel when we have a house."

I frowned confused, "What do you mean?"

Suddenly Hassan stopped the car and I looked out, we were in front of a gate. A gate beyond which a house stood, a house I would from that day onwards call 'Home'.

Salaams

How are you guys?

Hope this chapter was worth the read, and the tears I almost spent just writing it.

Vote if u liked,

Comments are always appreciated.

XOXO

Z