Chapter 23

Aasia's POV

(Preview)

"You're right..." I said slowly opening my eyes, as the emotions on my face melted away, "I didn't want to marry you."

And with that, i turned and walked away, ignoring Hassan's crushed look and the extreme ache in my chest...

*

I sat on the couch, slowly twisting my hands in a comforting way. 

Hassan didn't call me back, didn't  apologize... not that I expected him too...

This is the true man he was... the man who snapped at anyone and didn't regret it... The man who didn't care about anyone's feelings...Like we were unemotional robots, just like him...who felt nothing but anger...because everything else...every other emotion made you  weak, made you vulnerable...made you human.

I slowly stood up and wiped the non-existent tears from my cheeks, and walked back into the bedroom.

Hassan was already asleep, an emotionless mask covering his face, his chest raising softly.

I jumped into the bed, with my back facing Hassan...

The only reason I came back, and didn't sleep on the couch, was because, 'The curse of the angels is upon that  woman who stays away from her husband in anger.'

With that as my last thought, I fell into a deep, restless sleep.

*

I woke up with a start, the sound of my alarm disturbing my sleep. 

I got up, switched it off and went to the bathroom to perform wudhu...Hassan was already awake and no where in sight, so I performed my salaah.

As soon as I had just finished, I heard the room door opening and Hassan walked in. 

I slowly packed away my prayer mat, ignoring his intense stares. When I finally looked up, my plain brown eyes, met his beautiful grey ones.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, surprising me with his soft tone.

I shrugged, " Anything... do you have any plans." My tone was soft, no emotion displaying in my voice.

Hassan nodded, "Let's talk about it over breakfast." and with that he turned around and walked out, with me following behind him.

What I saw next surprised me: Hassan was setting two plates and glasses on the table, and taking out a few boxes from a bag.

"I thought I'd stop for breakfast...after praying fajr at the Mosque." He said and I slowly nodded, before taking a seat opposite him. 

After pouring some tea for me, and some for himself, Hassan sat down, before looking up, meeting my confused gaze.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, taking a sip of my tea, before setting it down again and folding my hands, not wanting Hassan to see them shake.

"Yesterday... I ...uh...Ahmed called." He said before pausing...waiting for my reaction and when I didn't respond he continued. 

"Humairah...she uhm...met up in an accident...three days ago...Ahmed didn't call...he didn't want to disturb our...holiday."  

"is she okay? Humairah how is she?" I asked. Slowly understanding where he was and why he was so angry. 

"She's fine...got out of hospital last night actually...just broke her arm."

I nodded, "Why didn't you just tell me...yesterday?"

"I..,my parents refused to show up...I thought..." he stopped looking down, ashamed, "I thought you wouldn't care either." He said softly.

"I am not your parents!" I shouted, the anger in my voice surprising me.

"I know that!I shouldn't have assumed anything...I want you to meet her."

"What?"

"Humairah...I think it's time you met my sister."

**

Hassan's POV (because I think u guys deserve a  little bit more)

After breakfast, I took a shower and Aasia went in after me.

I know my reasons for not telling her yesterday are wrong but I did not want anyone else to tell me they didn't care...telling me that Humairah was useless...I was not ready for that.

I know now it was wrong to assume Aasia would react that way...she was right...She isn't like my parents in the slightest...My father really had found me a precious girl...I know...she was just one in a stack of papers...but if he hadn't forced me to marry...I wouldn't have chosen...

"I'm ready! Let's go!" Aasia shouted, breaking my thoughts.

She rushed out of the bathroom, still tying her niqaab.

I laughed, "If you took any longer we'd miss the plane."

Aasia stopped, "Plane?"

I nodded, grabbing the keys, "Yea...it's a one hour flight... unless you want to drive for six hours."

Aasia immediately shook her head... and I smiled, before following her out of the room.

*

"Do you think she'll like me?" Aasia asked.

We were currently driving to Humairah's house, which was 20 minutes from the airport.

I smiled, "Of course she will...you got past my parents."

Aasia nodded, "Yea but..."

"No buts...okay? She'll like you."

Aasia nodded, and continued playing with her fingers.

As soon as we reached the house I slowed the car down and parked it in the driveway.

"Stop." I said placing my hand over Aasia's , her fingers warm yet shaking with nerves beneath mine, "Relax okay...she can probably smell  fear..." And with that I climbed out of the car, before opening Aasia's door.

She looked at me with wide eyes and I smiled, "Come on... Aasia I was just kidding."

She glared at me, before climbing out. 

I slowly rung the bell, before holding Aasia's hand...she was shaking with nerves and I couldn't help but try and comfort her.

A few seconds later, Ahmed answered the door.

"Hassan, couldn't stay away could you?" He joked before shaking my hand.

I laughed "You know i'm only here for Ayesha."

Ahmed smiled, before looking at Aasia.

"And Aasia Hamid...nice to see you again..."

Again?

****************************************************

Salaams guys

A) pls don't kill me for the cliffhanger

B) I hope Hassan's in you'lls good books...

C) I hope u enjoyed it!

Pls comment on ur thaughts and vote if u love Hassan and Asia...and me!

XOXO

Z