Chapter 35

TYaJanoo488 This one's for you.
Aasia's POV
Hours have gone by since Hassan told me the truth...Hours since he told me that the only reason he actually wanted to marry me, was to gain ownership of the business i owned... Hours since I learned that my Mammajee may not be the hero I claim he is...Mere hours and I hadn't done anything... Forgive or not?... I'd made up my mind.

I put my niqaab on and grabbed my car keys... my first stop was the place I once called home, even if it didn't feel like it... I knocked lightly on the wooden door and a few seconds later, my Aunt Sadie opened the door a warm and apologetic smile on her face. She pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry Aasia... I had no idea he'd done that!" She whispered a hint of anger in her voice . I nodded slowly, " it's okay."I whispered, before releasing my Aunt and turning to face my Mammajee who just entered the room.

"Aasia I'm so sorry , i ..." Mammajee said, but I held up a hand stopping him.

"I forgive you...only because i believe it's Allah's plan... it was meant to be. What you did was wrong, but everyone deserves forgiveness." I said strongly, even though my hands were shaking.

"Jazaakallah Aasia." Mammajee said, guilt and relief filling his voice.

I nodded, the weight of unforgiveness decreasing... I still had one more stop.

*

I stopped outside the familiar tall building. Butterflies racing around my stomach...I'd only been here a few days ago, but this time felt worst...I slowly got out of my car and walked inside Malik Inc.

I took the elevator up to Hassan's floor. As soon as the doors opened, I walked to Hassan's office and opened the doors, oblivious to the panicked secretary.

"Hassan! I just wanted to say that I'm..." I stopped, realizing Hassan was not sitting at his desk. I slowly turned, only to find Hassan  and about 8 other men sitting at a glass table, staring at me, confused.

"Aasia?" Hassan questioned, and that seemed to pull me out of the shocked, embarrassment I was in.

"I'm sorry I..." I stuttered slowly backing up, until my back hit the door, I turned about to flee, only to come face to face with Miss Casey, the secretary.

" I'm so sorry Mr Malik!" She said grabbing my arm, "I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen." She tightened her grip, trying to pull me out of the room.

"Stop!" Hassan said sternly, his jaw clenched as his hands slowly curled up into fists.
"Let's take a break...gentleman please excuse me." He said, finally taking his angry gaze off of me to look at the men.

The men nodded and stood up, slowly leaving the room. Miss Casey turned about to leave " Not you Miss Casey." Hassan said,stopping her before turning to look at her.

"Mr Malik...I did try to stop her, she..."

" Enough!" Hassan shouted causing her to flinch. "I think it's time you cleaned out your desk."

"Sir...."

"I expect your stuff gone by tomorrow." He continued cutting her off.

"You're firing me?" She asked, tears filling her eyes.

"What did I say about stopping my wife? Now leave!"

"Hassan! That's hardly reason..." I said, but he cut me off.

"You will receive 3 months pay by tomorrow, as stated in your contract." He ignored me.

Miss Casey nodded, before turning and leaving without another word.

"You shouldn't have done that!" I said as soon as the door closed. " She didn't deserve that, give her a chance, don't fire her because of me."

Hassan closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, releasing his curled fists, before opening his eyes again, the anger in them subsiding . " I didn't fire her because of you okay. She had it coming. Now why are you here?"

"I'm sorry I disturbed your meeting"

"Don't worry about that...We needed a break anyway." He said, walking towards me, slowly removing my niqaab. His usual habit.

I took a deep breath looking down, " I forgive you."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness." Hassan whispered, and I looked up, my eyes meeting his.

"You do...it wasn't your idea Hassan."

" It didn't have to be! I was part of it! I still hurt you, and I despise myself for that."

"Hassan..."

"I don't deserve you Aasia. You don't deserve to be hurt like this. I guess... I guess I'm just like my father after all."

"No Hassan! You're not like him at all... you're loving, caring , kind and so much more. You made one mistake...but Hassan you're human. We make mistakes. You deserve forgiveness. "

" Jazaakallah Aasia." He said softly, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "I guess I must have done something right...to get such an amazing, beautiful women as my wife."

I smiled, looking down, sudden guilt filling me.

"Hassan...I need to tell you something...I..."

But I didn't get to finish my sentence.

And I realized something

In life only a single second is needed to change everything.

And my second was filled with shattered glass, blinding pain, and agonizing screams.

A single shot.

A single bullet.

A single second.

And everything changes.

That made me wonder...how many lives are filled with unfinished sentences?

********
Salaams

I know I know I havnt updated in forever and I'm sorry.

But this story is almost finished and I guess I'm delaying the ending.

And I'm sorry

Anyway... pls let me know what you guys think of this chapter

Also vote if you liked it

XOXO
Z