1.1

CHAPTER ONE

Happy Birthday Peter

- - - - -

NEW AVENGERS FACILITY,UPSTATE NEW YORK

UPSTATE NEW YORK

"Okay, steady now Wanda. Don't drop me aga- Ow!"

Ana fell down onto the grass, the wind getting forced out of her lungs. She heard laughing and looked up at her fellow teammates present to see her fall ten feet from the air. She narrowed her eyes at them as Steve jogged up to her, giving her a hand up.

"You good?" He asked, chuckling slightly.

Ana brushed her pants off, nodding at him. "Yeah. It's not like I've been falling ten times in a row." She turned to Wanda who held her hand up with a wince. "This is the last time, Wanda!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, Ana!" She yelled back.

Steve walked Ana back to the group. The team had been training for the last few months together, learning how to use each others abilities to work together in a mission. So far, Wanda had learnt how to use her power to move things with her mind, she was still working on moving larger objects like people. Vision could change his density, become weightless, transparent, and intangible.

And Ana, she was usually the dummy in their experiments. She'd fight with Vision, always landing on her face when he became intangible to win the fight. But she'd get back up and have a go at it again. He would record her fighting skills and use them to match her. Wanda would always test her forcefields against Ana, as she was getting stronger. She would try to hold Ana down for as long as she can.

Sam and Ana were a good fighting pair. They combined their flying and combat skills to easily take down enemies. And to say Steve was proud was a huge understatement. He was always impressed with the new ways they come up with.

Steve had asked Natasha to do a psych evaluation on the new team. Natasha said that Wanda seems to be acclimating to the culture fine enough, all things considered. She hasn't been as withdrawn as she was when she first got there, but to be fair she was still processing the death of Pietro at the time. She could use more guidance with regards to her reconnaissance, which is to be expected.

Sam Wilson's a charmer, Nat said, and he's more than proven himself in the field with the whole Triskelion mess. He's been given more time to train with the EXO-7 'Falcon' wings so he's gonna be invaluable when they need an eye in the sky.

Rhodey's a soldier, so he knows how to line them up and take them down with precision. With the War Machine armour, he's that on a macro-level, with the firepower to boot.

The only one Nat couldn't get a read on was Vision. He appears harmless enough, but there's so much untested power inside of him that it's hard to know if he's a gentle being or if he's just holding back.