3.9

CHAPTER NINE

Zemo

- - -

BERLIN, GERMANY

"So, you like cats?"

Ana smirked beside T'Challa, looking over her shoulder to Sam who sat next to Steve. The Falcon was being dead serious about it though. Steve thought it was inappropriate, and shot them both a look. He was like the disappointed father of two.

"Sam." He warned.

Ana returned her focus to the front and looked out the window. They were zooming down the roads of Berlin, heading for the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre Building. The blaring of the police sirens, the swerving of the car, and the fact that Bucky was locked up like a monster in the truck behind them, was giving her a migraine.

They took her suit, rudely might she add, and offered her a small pathetic cloth to stop the bleeding from her cut. T'Challa had insisted on holding the cloth to her arm, expressing his apologies for the way he behaved in the tunnel. Ana in turn apologised for his father's death. T'Chaka was one the reasons she decided to join SHIELD. His words of wisdom and knowledge made her see the importance behind protecting the people of the world.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam retorted, shaking Ana away from her thoughts.

"Your suit. Vibranium?" Steve questioned.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations." T'Challa began, "A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king."

Ana faced him and noticed the way his eyes darkened, "So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He finished, staring ahead with his chin up. Ana raised an eyebrow daringly,

"My friend, you are so blind to the truth."

- - -

They entered the base that was swarming with armed soldiers. Steve stepped out of the van after Ana, both of their heads turned to the side where they saw Bucky in his cage being loaded up on a mobile device. Sam and T'Challa followed them out of the van and they all started walking to Sharon.

She was beside a man in a grey suit and tie none of them had ever seen before. Three tall soldiers, armed to the neck, stood behind the two.

"What's going to happen?" Steve spoke first.

"The same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." He responded.

Sharon motioned to the man, "This is Everett Ross, deputy task force commander." She introduced. He held out his hand to Ana, but the brunette kept her hand clasped behind her straightened back unfazed. He pursed his lips, eyes twinkling with humour.