5.3

CHAPTER THREE

Everybody Loves Ana('s Help)

- - - - -

RED HOOK PIER, BROOKLYN

"What do we have here?"

Ana sat on a small metal bench that over looked the quiet Red Hook pier, having her fruit smoothie and apple. She wore blue jeans and a grey hoodie with a leather jacket on top. It was just as cold in the early morning as it was last night when Danny and herself spent a lot of time trying to find the Golden Sands. She left his place around midnight, promising to catch up again this afternoon if she had time.

The pier Danny and the Yangshi Gongsi were discussing last night was the exact same one in front of her. She did some research when she got home and found that Rand Enterprises had purchased the Brooklyn pier not that far from the company. And here she was, doing some recon. Criminal syndicates were involved and if she was right, it also involved drugs and smuggling. Something she knew Danny wouldn't want apart of his company.

Currently, she wore her eye mask that enhanced her vision. It was in dire need of an upgrade but she couldn't exactly ask Tony to make her a new pair. She counted three large red shipping crates with the Rand logo on the side in white. Workers of the pier had unloaded them hours earlier and were just waiting outside the shack they called an office. They stood their while one of them talked into a phone. She got a closer look and suspected the Asian covered in tattoos didn't take care of shipping crates for a living.

Ana removed the eye mask and picked out her phone from her jacket pocket. She found Danny in her contacts and called him. Pressing the smart device to her ear, she continued watching as the man of interest finished his call.

"Hello?"

Ana quickly let out a yawn before replying. "Hey, Danny. Did you find anything out about the pier?"

"Oh, actually I got an address and a time. But before you ask, no, I don't want you getting involved in this." Danny stated firmly.

Ana clicked her tongue, "Too late. I'm already here."

"At the pier? You're at the pier? Alone?"

Ana rolled her eyes, slouching on the bench. "I thought it was clear. Whatever. So I've been here the last hour and guess what? Three shipments came in. And there are a few characters that stand out."

"Ana, if anyone sees you-"

"If anyone sees me and tries something funky, I'm gonna protect myself." Ana cut him off. She wondered why the hell he was so overprotective. "I'm more than capable of it."

"Just please come to the dojo. You remember where it is, right?"

Ana sighed. She didn't want to push. "Yeah, okay, fine. I'll be there in twenty."

Danny let out a heavy, relieved breath. "Thank you."

Ana made a few inaudible sounds before hanging up, setting the phone in her lap. She put her head in her hands and dragged them down her face. After checking on the pier again, seeing that the workers began leaving for lunch, she stood and made her way up to the streets to her motorcycle. She couldn't afford a new ride and had to stick with her old SHIELD issued transport.

Hopping on and starting it up, she travelled down the road heading to the Chikara Dojo Colleen owned downtown.

CHIKARA DOJO