4.3

CHAPTER THREE

It's Doctor Strange

- - - - -

Hours turned into days. Days turned into weeks. And Ana was settling well into the Kamar-Taj. She had read every book available to her. Practised most of their advances and forms. And learnt of the benefits and dangers of the ways of the Mystic Arts. The Ancient One kept a close eye on her every time and each time with a content mind.

But that also meant she was losing sight of her other students.

Ana could tell their was something going on in the shadows. She could feel it. Particularly in those who have shared their reasons as to why they were there. They had lost someone they loved, and entered on a dark path with no end. That was until the Ancient One offered them refuge in her home and gave them a sense of purpose and redemption. Ana always had her eyes open incase anything did go wrong.

Something told her it will, soon.

Baron, Wong, Daniel and Kaecilius were those Ana would go to when she needed help or someone to talk to. She was beginning to feel home sick and tried her best to repair all her broken technology so she could have some way to contact her friends, but none of them seemed to do their job.

Ana had yet to learn of the ways of teleportation by using the Sling Ring, how to enter her astral form, and to meditate. The latter of them all being there because she couldn't calm her mind enough and the others because she was told she wasn't ready yet.

Currently, she was sitting down on the roof of one of the temples in the Kamar-Taj in the middle of the night. Daniel suggested to try and meditate when she was at the brink of sleep, for it was when her mind would be entering a calmer state and her body functions would relax. Her palms rested on her crossed knees and her back was straightened. Her eyes closed slowly and she took a deep breath in, breathing in the cool summer air.

It took a while until she found her tranquil state of mind. Then, it all changed in a matter of seconds.

She jolted in her position, opening her eyes with a gasp. She was no longer in Kamar-Taj. The dark blue skies changed into a black abyss, dotted with millions of stars, nebulas, comets and floating space junk. She looked down, seeing she was sitting on tough grey terrain and that her body was transparent. Ana had teleported her mind into another galaxy.

And she wasn't alone.

Rocks were floating in a row, creating a line of steps from her level on the lower ground to the higher level. She could just make out a large figure, dressed in striking gold armour as it sat on a floating throne of brown stone. It didn't seem to see her. And so she stood. Ana walked closer on a whim, going to the higher level.

Nothing can hurt me, she thought, I'm just meditating, right?

As she came closer to the being, she could clearly see the purple skin. His chin was patterned with vertical lines that travelled up to his blue eyes. She nervously gulped, sizing him up. He had his arm propped up and rested his chin on it as he looked off into space thoughtfully. What caught her eye was the gold gauntlet on his other hand. It had six empty oval spaces, like it had missing pieces.

"I know you're there."

His voice was low and sharp, surprising her. She stumbled back, not expecting his head to turn her way and his lips to widen, showing of his mad grin. Thanos, the Mad Titan, leaned forward in his throne and stared into the empty space in front of him.

"Stop hiding behind the mystical energy, little one."

Ana began to panic. She shut her eyes and might as well tapped her feet and whispered there's no place like home. She could feel herself returning back to her normal waking consciousness and just before she transported back, her eyes opened for a split moment. She wanted to see the creature once more before she left. To remember every detail of his form if she ever encountered him again.