1.2

CHAPTER TWO

The Tape p.1

- - - - -

S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, WASHINGTON DC
2008

Ana held the bow tightly, pulling back the string and arrow as she closed one eye to aim at the target all the way on the other side of the field. Clint was behind her, drinking his coffee lazily, waiting for her to take the shot. She bit her lip, arms wavering when she could feel her grip loosen.

"Come on, Ana. Just take a deep breath. Try and hit the target at least, I know you barely had time to practise archery." Clint said from behind her, taking off his purple shades.

Ana replays everything Clint told her. As the wire tenses, tighten your back muscles and lock, slow your breathing and exhale, relax your hand. Ana let go of the arrow when she couldn't hold it back anymore and watched along with Clint as it hit the bullseye. Her mouth dropped open in shock as Clint choked on his coffee.

"What the f-"

Ana dropped the bow and put her hands in the air, "Oh my God! Clint! Did you see that?!" She exclaimed, turning to him.

Clint scoffed, "Of course I did." He then put his arms in the air also, "That was fucking amazing!" He exclaimed.

Ana gave him a happy high five and picked up another arrow, going at it again. Clint drank the rest of his coffee before joining her and taking his own bow, stealing an arrow out of her quiver and knocking it on his bow.

They nodded at each other and pulled back, saying the steps in their head before letting go of the string. The two arrows sliced through the first arrow, and Clint and Ana high five again.

"Natasha's gonna be so jealous." Clint smirked.

Ana laughed, "Wouldn't want to tell her then."

"Tell me what?"

Ana yelped and jumped when the red haired Russian popped up next to her. Clint crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow Natasha's way when he saw the three files in her hands. Nat handed each of them one and kept on herself.

"Fury wants to talk to us. We got a mission, your first." Natasha said, giving Ana a wink.

Ana almost choked on air. "A mission? Now?" She asked, "Are you sure I'm ready? I mean I only joined SHIELD a year ago." She mumbled.

"If you can hit the bullseye the first shot, your ready." Clint chuckled, clapping her on the shoulder.

"Besides, your top of the class." Natasha said and placed a hand to the side of her mouth, "And Fury really wants to put you out there, just saying." She shrugged.