5.1

CHAPTER ONE

Defender Material

- - - - -

HELL'S KITCHEN, NEW YORK

Walking down the cool and windy Hell's Kitchen waterfront, Ana began to dial a number. Since she was off the governments radar, she decided to do what she enjoys best. Crack down on criminal organisations. Without the governments knowledge of course. That could cause problems.

That day, Hydra was on her list.

Word went around in the lower side of New York that a group of 'ex-SHIELD agents' were selling weapons of mass destruction to make some money after being cut off. Ana knew Hydra never died. People that share their image would still be in the real world, trying to turn that image into a reality. She would be dealing with the lowest rank of Hydra. People who don't follow orders and create chaos for entertainment.

Ana turned her phone off, the call hadn't connected. She shoved the phone into the pocket of her oversized grey coat. Her backpack contained one dagger, she had lost the other one when she dropped in the Himalayas, and some equipment. If she was going to take down a gang before their big shipment tomorrow night, she had to have more than Mystic Arts and a dagger.

She knew it was a long shot. But she didn't have any other choice. He would be an ally. And a big part of her wanted to meet him in person. To get a meeting together, she had to wait until it went dark. When it gets dark, The Man Without Fear comes out to play.

Ana needed the help of the Daredevil.

- - -

"Shit, shit, shit."

Dodging the light coming from the flashlight the security guard waved around, Ana ducked behind a stack of crates beside the docks. She had accidentally scared a cat when practising an immobilising spell to use later on the guard himself. It screeched, backing up on a light metal cage used to catch fish, making it slam into the boat and which sent a pile of tools clanking against the buoy, causing it to ring. It was like a domino effect.

"Just some cat." The guard muttered to himself, dropping his flashlight after catching the small animal scurrying off.

Ana waited until he walked down the opposite way to oversee the incoming shipments before stealthily jumping inside the small fishing shack a few meters from the edge of the docks. She closed the blinds on every window, locking the doors and creating a small spell in her palm that illuminated the smelly shop.

She covered her nose and mouth with her arm, cringing at the strong smell. What concerned her was that it didn't smell like dead fish. She walked closer to the back, where the fridge was located. She let the light go, letting it hover over her head as she broke the lock and swung the heavy metal door open.

The smell of decaying flesh hit her and she clamped her mouth shut, forcing down the pizza she had for lunch. Three bodies, each with a single gun shot in their foreheads, were in a careless pile in the middle of the cooler. They were all men, and judging by their suits, they were important men.

The sound of a window breaking made her jump, she turned around and removed the light over her head. Ana had to hide. Whoever saw her and the bodies would make a false connection. Luckily there were towers of crates in the back of the shop and she dashed, taking cover.