4.5

CHAPTER FIVE

This Is A Nightmare

- - - - -

Baron, Stephen and Ana all ran toward the railings above the main foyer. Jumping over and landing on the ground floor, they all faced off Kaecilius who once again created a large mystical bomb that he planned to drop inside the Sanctum. Baron attacked two of his followers while Ana brought her sword up.

Stephen was hovering above her with his Cloak of Levitation around his shoulders. He was calculating his next move while Ana fought off a Zealot. Her opponent had the upper hand and grabbed Ana in a choke hold, making her helplessly stare at Kaecilius as he raised the bomb.

Just before it could touch the Sanctum, Stephen sent everybody into the Mirror Dimension, stopping Kaecilius' plans from destroying the Holy of Holies. Ana flipped the Zealot in front of her and stomped her foot on his chest, keeping him down with her sword aimed at his neck.

"The Mirror Dimension." Stephen smirked. "You can't affect the real world in here. Who's laughing now, asshole?"

"I am." Kaecilius grinned, warping the stairwell so they diverted away from each end. Baron, Stephen and Ana shared a look as the whole Sanctum warped. They bolted out onto the streets, looking at the building.

Stephen had managed to steal Kaecilius' Sling Ring. He gazed down at it in the palm of his hand, "I've got his Sling Ring. I mean, they can't escape, right?" He asked, looking at Ana.

Ana watched as Kaecilius and his Zealots continued to advance on them. They didn't seem to be at a disadvantage and she shook her head, "Run!" She pushed the men and they sped away from their enemies.

The cars on the road wouldn't move for the sorcerers as they tried to dodge them, running from side to side. Ana and Stephen stopped at the crossroads. Kaecilius had distorted everything around them so they would lose their focus. Ana saw as cars would vanish as they took a turn and other would appear, heading straight for her.

Baron pulled her back, saving her from a nasty hit a truck would have given her. She nodded at him in thanks and he looked to Stephen.

"Their connection to the Dark Dimension makes them more powerful in the Mirror Dimension." He explained, looking at the environment with uneasiness. "They can't affect the real world, but they can still kill us. This wasn't clever, no Stephen, this was suicide!"

Ana whipped her head back and forth, trying to find a route that could ensure their safety. The Zealots were closing in, using their power in the Mirror Dimension to warp everything to their desire. It pissed her off. Glancing at Stephen's Sling Ring, after realising hers was still in the Sanctum, she had an idea.

"Hello! Let's just trap them in here." Ana suggested, grinning. "They can't escape but we can."

"If we're leaving we must do it now because they're getting closer!" Baron agreed and led the two sorcerers to the side walk. They ran as Stephen created a portal out of the Mirror Dimension. Kaecilius had other plans though. With a wave of his hands, he tilted the horizon so they slid down the main road and collided onto the side of a bus. Baron, Stephen and Ana face planted on a window.

 Baron, Stephen and Ana face planted on a window