2.4

CHAPTER FOUR

Yellowjacket

- - - - -

Ana had an arm wrapped around Hank's elbow as they walked up the steps of the Pym Technologies building. She was dressed in a skirt suit Hope had lent her, but Ana had a feeling she wouldn't be getting it back in one piece.

Hank looked at her, sighing, "For what it's worth, if anything happens in there I'm glad I have you. An Avenger with years of experience comes in real handy." He said. Ana didn't say anything but smiled at him.

Just as they were about to head inside the building, two police men approached them. Paxton looked to Hank, "Excuse me Dr. Pym, but we need to ask you a few questions." He said.

Ana stepped forward, "He has somewhere to be officer. Maybe schedule a meeting tomorrow." She offered.

"No can do lady, this is urgent." His partner, Gale, replied.

"Listen to me, if I don't get into this building people will die." Pym tried to explain it to Gale and Paxton.

"That's awfully dramatic." Gale said, clearly not believing him.

Paxton's car turned on and he looked up at the sound of his sirens going off. He widened his eyes. "Are you kidding me?!" Paxton exclaimed. Gale and Paxton started to chase after it, Pym long forgotten so he and Ana could slip inside and make their way through security.

"Problem solved." Kurt said over the comms.

Ana followed Hank inside and took in all the security and raised an eyebrow. She had seen heavier but this was still a lot for just one small revealing. Ana walked through the metal detectors first, bitting back a smirk when her carbon fibre daggers went unnoticed. She smiled politely at the guard and fixed her glasses on her face.

Hank picked up his mini-tank keychain from the basket and pocketed into his pantsuit. He looked up from the floor and saw Darren and Hope. He stepped next to Ana and gave her a small nod.

"Just on time." Darren said with a smile on his face, "Come on." Darren ushered Hank, Hope, and Ana inside and down the lab.

"Who's this Hank?" Darren asked, pointing to Ana with a small curious smile.

"Oh, this is my new assistant." Hank replied. Ana held out a hand for Darren to shake, "Anna Mason, nice to finally meet you Mr. Cross. I've heard many great things." She smiled falsely.

Darren looked at Hank with a surprised and disbelieving look, "Really? Great things? Well, I hope he didn't say too much, I'd love to get to know more about his new assistant." He said.

Ana gave him a nod just before he turned to the eye scanner at his vault. "Twelve point verification." The robotic voice said.

"Little over the top, don't you think, Darren?" Hank asked.

"Confirming authorization." The voice continued.

"No, you can never be too safe." He responded.

Hank nodded and forced a smile at Darren. Darren smirked and looked down just as the doors opened up. "I gotta hand it to you, Darren, you really did it." Hank said as they walked inside the room.

"And you only know the half of it, Hank." Darren said.

Ana turned her head to the door when she saw three men walk inside over to stand behind Darren. One of them greeted Darren with a firm handshake. She kept her face neutral when she recognised him as Mitchell Carson, a supposed agent of SHIELD but really one of the Hydra heads that didn't go down with the ship. She averted her eyes when he looked at everyone, knowing he'll notice her on the spot.