5.2

CHAPTER TWO

Blast From The Past

- - - - -

Ana quickly glanced at her reflection on her phone before letting out a nervous breath. She looked at the large building across from her. Rand Enterprises. She listened to Vision and made her way uptown to pay Danny Rand a visit. There were reporters and news vans surrounding the entire building, all trying to get an exclusive with the new addition to the Rand company.

She had dressed out of her pjs into a casual outfit consisting of a floral dress and a cropped denim jacket. She decided she waited long enough before walking up the steps to the front of the building. Her heart hammered violently in her chest and no matter how much times she breathed in and out, it wouldn't stop. She discreetly ducked her head when cameras turned her way, clearing her throat. Pushing through the glass doors, she approached the admin set up, smiling politely at the dark skinned woman behind the desk.

"Welcome to Rand, how may I help you?"

Ana fiddled with her fingers when she perched them up on the wooden surface. "Hey, I'm here to see Danny, uh, Daniel Rand. I'm an old friend." She said.

The woman looked unconvinced and shook her head. There had been a large number of individuals saying the same thing, though they had been official reporters. "I've heard that one before. If your trying to get an interview, you'll have to sign in before I can make a call."

Ana nodded, going with that front. She smacked her lips before sighing. "Okay, how long will it take?" She asked, opening her hands that were on the high desk top.

The woman picked up the phone, raising an eyebrow, signalling she would have to check. She pressed the top blue button before speaking into it, eyeing Ana curiously. Ana puffed out a heavy breath and turned around, waiting.

"I have a young lady saying she'd like to interview Mr. Rand. Mmm-hmm. Okay. I'll send her right up."

Ana faced the woman and smiled when she was handed a keycard lanyard. "Thank you."

"Floor forty-three. You'll have to sign in with Megan. There will be a significant delay before you get what you came here for." She said.

Ana tapped the desk. "That's fine."

Before she could go any further, the front lady sat up and turned, holding her arm out as she called for her. "Uh, excuse me? Who did you say you were representing?"

Ana said the first thing that popped into her head while her hand gripped the glass door handle behind her. "Stark Industries." She replied, and walked through another door before swiping the keycard at the elevator and pressing the floor number. When the elevator doors opened, her eyes widened. She stepped out, looking around at the mass of reporters talking with the two original executives of Rand. Ward and Joy Meachum.

Ana clasped her hands together, swallowing thickly. Her eyes darted around the top floor cautiously, trying to spot the man she had traveled all the way here for. She curled a piece of her loose wavy hair behind her ear and searched for his voice. She found it. She sought him out in the direction of where she could hear him and another woman speaking in his office.

Their meeting had wrapped up and she saw the woman with short black hair wearing a dress of the same colour at the door.

"Door open, door closed?" The woman asked.

"Open." She could hear Danny reply.

Jeri Hogarth glanced at Ana before walking past her to the elevators, typing away at her phone. Ana stepped near the threshold of his office and knocked twice. She let her hand rest on the smooth wall as craned her neck inside, finding him slouched in his seat, chin on his chest as he breathed out in boredom.