6.2

CHAPTER TWO

Space Chase

- - - - -

THE SOVEREIGN
TWO WEEKS LATER

A crack ripped through the skies above them with a loud clap before closing again. It happened more than once ever since they arrived. It was like the section in space glitched. Ana could feel it. It was another dimension trying to open. And something was causing the cracks.

"Show time a-holes!" Peter announced, as he observed their surroundings. Ana had been with the Guardians of the Galaxy for about two weeks now. She had gotten used to their weirdness and considered them all as friends. She was very appreciative of their help they gave ever since she met them, and frankly she thought it was fun being around them. It was going to be hard saying goodbye.

They were all on a floating platform with large spheres containing energy situated around the edges

They were all on a floating platform with large spheres containing energy situated around the edges. There were many platforms and orbs circling the whole group of planets. They were hired by the Sovereign to guard their batteries from an inter-dimensional beast that kept feeding on the energy.

"This is all so... awesome."

Peter Quill glanced sideways to the brunette beside him, before looking back to the device in his hands chuckling. It was a modified video game console he had from his childhood. "You'll get used to it." He commented.

Ana stood in black pants with a red bomber jacket — a gift from the Guardians — over a white long sleeve shirt, carrying her sword over one shoulder while her eyes darted across the floating golden platform they were on. Groot stood right next to her, resting a tiny hand on her shoelace. He spotted a couple of Orlonis in front of him, and he charged at them, getting the wrong idea.

Ana watched him scurry off before she could call him back, and turned to Rocket. The creature was busy putting together a series of speakers using parts and wires from the Milano. Ana noticed and pulled a nervous face, quickly glancing at Peter to check if he noticed half of his ship was being mixed and stitched. He wasn't aware yet.

"Rocket, is that my tablet?" Ana asked, recognising the device in his hands. He looked up at her, right after he removed the monitor and ripped a few wires out of it.

"No."

Ana rolled her eyes at his cheeky tone. "Please put it back together when we're done." She exhaled heavily.

He gave her a thumbs up prior to sticking a few sparky wires in his mouth. Ana frowned, before turning and walking closer to Gamora. She was checking her blaster and fiddling around with the components. They all wore matching aero-rigs, apart from Drax and Groot.