2

"What!" Tamsin says in his phone.

"You didn't come when my men so graciously invited you to come visit me today." The strangers voice replies.

Tamsin snorts in derision. "Your men never got around to inviting me anywhere because they were smart enough to back away from me. I was told I'd have to see you tomorrow and that you'd call me. How special for me." Tamsin doesn't care if his remarks are less than respectful. He's still full of fury and having a hard time controlling it. If he's going to die for his smart ass remarks he wants to take out at least some of the people he loathes as well.

"You have no respect for others do you?" The boss replies unaffected by the lack of respect. He asks out of curiosity and nothing more.

"I give respect to those that earn it. Not to cold blooded killers that demand it." Tamsin replies. He'd just found out about his sisters deaths. His father and brother dying he'd known about for weeks now, but the deaths of his sisters is hitting him hard and coming on top of the betrayal from his best friend it's almost too much for him.

"And yet here you talk to a cold blooded killer that could order all those you love to die." The boss replies.

"Go ahead. It will be a mercy for my father and brother." The diagnosis for them isn't good. No medicines have ever been successful in even helping alleviate the pain the illness causes.

"And what about your lovely sisters? Maybe I won't have them killed, maybe I'll just put them to work." Normally this would infuriate Tamsin, but their deaths insured that they are forever safe from the likes of him.

"Oh, you mean you weren't behind their deaths then? One less thing for me to hate about you." Tamsin replies.

The boss is startled. He hadn't been paying that much attention to Tamerlain when he said that Tamsin's family was dead or dying. Now he recalls what he said about controlling Tamsin.

"How did they die?" The boss asks casually.

"None of YOUR business," Tamsin replies. He really hopes this ass will get to the point he's having a hard time keeping his temper reigned in.

"Now Tamsin, you know I'll just find out another way. Why don't you just tell me?" The boss tries cajoling him.

"Get to the point or I'm hanging up," Tamsin replies.

"Tomorrow for dinner you will come to my club, Infernoception. We will talk there."

Tamsin takes a breath and counts to ten. It didn't work appreciably but it was enough that he could talk again. "What time."

"Seven. And Tamsin don't keep me waiting again," The boss warns Tamsin.

"Don't threaten me. I'll be there." Tamsin hangs up the phone not even waiting to see if the boss was done or not. He doesn't even care.

Tamsin slips out the packet he has in his pocket and looks at it. There is no way he'd allow them to control him through his family. Tonight, he'll put it in his father's and brother's food. They will die peacefully forever out of the reach of the mafia. 

He allows a few tears to slip down. This is a mercy killing, and he'll be allowed to say good bye, which he's not sure he'd be allowed after his meeting.

It was bad enough to have lost his sisters in the accident yesterday. Their school should have been paying closer attention. Just what the hell were they doing so close to the cliff edge? Tamsin had thought the mafia had ordered the hit on them to get him to be more tractable. But if it was a hit, it wasn't through the mafia boss.

Tamsin's gaze gets cold once more. He picks up his phone and calls a number he swore he'd never call again.

"Hello?" The shocked voice answers.

"Calus, did you have anything to do with my sisters' deaths?" His voice is cold, he doesn't think he could ever speak with warmth to Calus again.

"You weren't the only one my Boss wanted. They were a means to control you and they would end up working for him after he used them up." Calus replies giving Tamsin the only answer he needed.

"Thank you." Tamsin manages. The life Calus saved them from having, death truly was better. Calus put himself in danger to save the girls from that life. Perhaps there is more to the story than what he knows. Perhaps he'll let Calus live after all.