Chapter 2~ A Responsible Friend

Monday,

Aashi didn't want to take any chances as today is their first day in College and so she took an auto and left for Rishabh's home first. She paid the driver and hurried towards the Bungalow. Aashi and Rishabh live just few lanes away from each other, both knew the way to each other's home like the back of their palms as they had been visiting each other's place since kindergarten.

Aashi likes coming to Rishabh's house as it gives her a sadistic pleasure. Rishabh doesn't like her coming over because his parents always start comparing the two and taunt him till his brain pops out of his skull, not literally though. Aashi smiled widely as she rang the door-bell, she is expecting another 'taunt Rishabh' moment now.

The door opened and a woman with a pleasant face came out. She looked at Aashi and a bright smile appeared on her lips.

'Hello, Aunty.' Aashi waved happily at the woman.

'Hello, Aashi Beta. How are you?' Mrs. Khurana smiled

'Absolutely awesome.' Aashi said brightly, then she added, - 'where is Rishabh? we have College.' She asked

Mrs. Khurana shook her head, she sighed sadly, - 'He is still sleeping. I tried everything.' She sounded defeated.

This didn't come as a surprise for Aashi, she knew this will be the case here. That is why she had come one hour before the college timing. She assured Mrs. Khurana that she will handle him.

'Aunty, get a jug of water please.' She said pausing on the stairs. Mrs. Khurana looked at her perplexed, Aashi simply smirked at her.

*****************************************

Aashi opened the door to his room, even as a kid Rishabh always leaves the door to his room slightly ajar. Aashi peeped in and found him lying on the bed, flat on his stomach. One of his leg dangling out of the blanket. His snores echoing in the room. Aashi pushed the door and tiptoed inside. The room is a mess, there are piles of clothes lying everywhere. Video game jokey lying scrambled in front of the Tv set, posters of cricketers and pop singers covering half the walls. Aashi was about to step on one of his roller skates that lay on the floor along with the other mess. She is relieved, she placed her palm on her chest and sighed softly.

'Beta.' She turned around hearing an urgent whisper. Aashi smirked taking the jug from her hands. Mrs. Khurana watched intently as Aashi carefully tiptoed towards unaware Rishabh.

'Rishabh.' She called softly. No response.

'Rishabh.' Aashi called slightly loudly. He simply groaned pulling the duvet over him. Aashi pressed her lips tightly. She held the hem of his duvet and swiftly pulled the duvet off him.

'Hey!' Rishabh sat up irritated. But before he could open his eyes and scold the person, Aashi threw water on his face, startling him.

'What the hell?' Rishabh said angrily as he wiped his face. Mrs. Khurana gasped loudly.

Aashi smirked tilting her head little to the side, - 'Good morning, Rishabh.' She smiled

'Aashi yaar, not fair-' Rishabh groaned.

'Five minutes, I am waiting in the living room.'

'No, I am sleeping.' Rishabh leaned forward to grab the duvet but Aashi's reflexes were faster. She pulled the duvet away from his reach. Rishabh groaned.

'Dude, we have college, so stop fooling around.' Aashi said seriously. This seems to light a bulb inside Rishabh's head. Aashi knew this because his eyes widened.

He leaped from his bed. Mrs. Khurana and Aashi giggled watching him scurrying to get his clothes and towel. He glared at the duo before dashing into the bathroom. Mrs. Khurana and Aashi looked at each other and chuckled harder.

***********************************

'Thank you, Aashi...else I would have been Pakka late.' Rishabh said parking his bike.

'Like always since we were toddlers.' Aashi smiled with pride.

'Yeah, Yeah.' Rishabh said irritated. Aashi teased him more as the two walked towards the campus.

'Our classroom is on the third floor.' Aashi said checking the map of the college. Rishabh nodded not looking at her. He looked at few Boys, perhaps seniors, they looked cool, one of them even spun a basketball on his index finger.

'Rishabh.' Aashi nudged him and he looked at her. She raised her eyebrows and he shook his head.

'Yaar, I am not sitting on the first bench.' Rishabh said. He then said he will sit on the second last bench, it is cozy there and away from the reach of the teacher's gaze. Aashi refused, she likes sitting in the front so she can see the board clearly, also be in sight of the Professor. Because of this difference even in school Rishabh sat away from her and sat with his pals. Sadly, none of them made it to this college. Rishabh wouldn't have cleared the exams either had it not been for Aashi and her constant nagging and tutoring. Rishabh is bright but he uses his brightness for things other than studies. Aashi, on the other hand, focuses on studies, only on studies. But Rishabh studied hard for this exam because like Aashi, he wanted to study in the same college together.

*********************************

Rishabh and Aashi are poles apart, right, guys *laughs* But they share such cute friendship *_* *_*

So, guys how was the Chapter? Excited? Drop in your comments *kisses*

Guys, I have joined Twitter, you can also find me there

Guys, I have joined Twitter, you can also find me there. *smiles*

 *smiles*