Chapter 24~ Meet Vimala Tai

'John, it has been three days and not a single CV has come to me? What are you doing?' Aashi scolded him. He shook his head, clearly, he isn't liking being scolded at by a female boss.

'We are trying.' He said exasperatedly

'Look, John if you don't get me the short-listed candidates by this Saturday I will complain to the Seniors and I am serious this time.' She warned him. John nodded though he didn't look threatened.

'And,' - Aashi walked around the table and sat on her chair, - 'don't take this warning lightly.' She pointed an index finger at him. John nodded again. She waved her finger gesturing him to leave. John left muttering something under his breath. Aashi knew he was cursing her. Aashi sighed and leaned in her chair. This is the sad part of being a Female boss, no one takes you seriously.

***********************************

Since Suchitra has just come today, Aashi left from work early. It is unlike her, but she can't have Suchitra alone in the house, it will be very rude.

As she walked out of the office, she heard someone call her name and reflexively she turned around and immediately regretted it as she saw Himanshu coming towards her. She turned and began to walk but this time Himanshu caught up with her.

'Aashi, please. It has been almost a week you are avoiding me...Listen, I am sorry. I will never bring that topic again. But please stop punishing me. Let us just pretend that nothing happened, Okay, please.' He pleaded her.

Aashi looked at him, he held her arms and took a step closer, - 'Sorry. I will never make you uncomfortable again. We return being friends, I will never let my feelings come in between our friendship. Please give me one more chance.' Himanshu said.

Aashi nodded looking away, she looked at him and forced a smile. Himanshu smiled, relieved.

'Thanks.' He said

'Okay, Himanshu I have to go now.' Aashi said.

'Shall I drop you?' Aashi was about to refuse but Himanshu insisted, - 'Please if you forgave me then-.'

Aashi stuck out her palm stopping him mid-sentence, - 'Himanshu just now you promised to not make me uncomfortable.' She said. Himanshu nodded taking a step back. Aashi turned around to walk when he said, - 'I will come to pick you up in the morning?' He sounded hopeful. Aashi wanted to refuse but dropped the idea, she smiled nodding and walked away.

'Bye.' He called but she didn't turn around nor replied.

********************************

Aashi returned home tired and frustrated, but she smiled as she rang the door-bell. Always, it is her and the lonely house but not anymore, now she has her friend Suchitra to give her company. Aashi's parents had suggested long back for her to take a flat partner, but she kept refusing because to Aashi her privacy mattered, and she wasn't comfortable sharing her flat with someone unknown. Luckily, Suchitra had come and now, she has no worries.

Soon, the door opened and Suchitra beamed from the other side.

'Woah, someone looks fresh as a daisy.' Aashi complimented. Suchitra smiled taking a small bow.

'I slept for just one hour, then went to arrange my things and then watched some TV and then did some work.' She explained pointing at her laptop and few papers and files that lay beside the laptop on the table.

'Oh!' Aashi exclaimed sitting on the sofa and removing her heels.

Suchitra sat beside her, - 'Shall I make you coffee?' She asked.