Chapter 20~ Ten Years Later

Hey, guys! Now starts the second half of the story *smiles* A new phase in Aashi's life begins. Oh, Boy I am so excited *_*

**********************************

Ten Years later,

A loud alarm rang puncturing the silence of the room. Lazily, Aashi turned in her bed and stuck out her arm. She switched off her alarm and sat up straight on the bed. She turned her head and looked at the digital alarm clock, 5am, time for her jog. She leaped from her bed. She opened her wardrobe and picked out her track suit. She yawned as she walked into the bathroom. She washed her face and changed into a pink tank top and black hot pants. She wore a fit bit around her wrist and then wore sneakers. She left to a nearby park.

It has been Five years since she has shifted to Pune, and she is loving it here. After completing her BBA with excellence, Aashi had worked in a small company for one year and then shifted to the US for MBA and worked three years there but feeling terribly homesick she returned to India and now bagged a job in M&D Pharmaceuticals. With her dedication and hard work, she got promoted to being Head of Sales. Aashi had always been a workaholic and she hasn't changed a bit except for her looks. At the young age of 30, she is content with her career and professional life.

******************************

After the jog, Aashi reached home. She lives alone in Pune, but at times she or her parents drop by on alternate weekends. Aashi checked the time, 7 am. There is an important meeting and she must be in the office around 9. Aashi quickly showered and looked at her reflection.

Aashi now has grown into a mature and a beautiful young woman. Her round brown eyes twinkled, her long lustrous hair left open and resting on her back. Dressed in a formal Mustard pantsuit Aashi looked very elegant.

Her phone rang as she applied a nude lip gloss, she glanced at her phone and smiled

Himanshu Calling.

She cut the call and typed a message

Aashi: Five minutes

Himanshu: Come soon, I am downstairs.

Aashi shook her head, smiling.

She quickly applied Kohl in her eyes, checked her hair and slipped into a white Stiletto. She grabbed her bag and hurriedly left her apartment.

She looked around and found Himanshu sitting in the car. She felt grateful for him, he needn't come pick her up, yet he comes every time. He never listens to her, she had asked him many times to not trouble himself. Himanshu was just a year senior to her when she had joined the company. In this strange and unknown city, Aashi was glad to have found a friend in him. Himanshu is head of Finance department and she heads the sales department.

'Hey.' She smiled as she got into the car.

'Hey.' He said and then added, - 'You are five minutes late, sweetie.' He tapped his wristwatch. Aashi rolled her eyes, he had modulated his voice to resemble hers. The two chatted happily as he drove them to work.

**********************************

9 am,

Aashi was the first one to come to the meeting room. She sighed raising her arms, her team members are taking such meetings very lightly. She mentally decided to be strict with them. Soon, everyone collected for the meeting. Looking at Aashi's stern expression everyone passed a nervous glance at each other. Aashi looked at everyone carefully, - 'Shall we start the team meeting?' She asked, and everyone nodded.

'Mr. Singh, Indore branch, we will begin with you.' Aashi said seriously. A man stood up, he nervously adjusted his tie and nodded. He stammered in the beginning but then got comfortable. Aashi liked the effect she had on her team members, they feared her also respected her. She was tough when needed and sweet when needed. She is proud that she has managed to keep a perfect balance.

The meeting went on for One and half hour. Aashi was impressed with her team members work. They all handed her their files and left the room.

'Maam.' Aashi looked up from her mobile and found Mr. Abhishek Parekh standing in front of her.

'Yes, Mr. Parekh.' Aashi shifted placing her phone on the table. She looked at him leaning against her chair. He is the Sales Manager and kind of Aashi's right hand.

'Maam, I am resigning.' He said calmly.

'What?' Aashi was shocked but she quickly composed herself and looked at him, - 'Why? You have a problem working here?' She asked calmly. Abhishek shook his head.

Aashi looked at him intently as he said, - 'Maam, I am getting married next month, and I am shifting to my native, Bangalore.'

Aashi nodded. He then handed her, his resignation letter. She reluctantly accepted it.

'Thank you, Maam.' He said.

Aashi nodded, - 'Okay then, good luck.' She forced a smile. Abhishek smiled too and then turned around and walked away. Aashi sighed leaning against her chair, - 'Great! now I will have to look for a new Manager.'

**********************************

Himanshu looked up at Aashi, she seemed sad and lost as she continues to stare at her untouched food. She kept poking the cauliflower and chicken with her fork.

'What is bothering you?' He asked taking a morsel of food into his mouth.

'Huh!' Aashi looked up. Himanshu looked back. She sighed pushing her plate little away from her.

'Abhishek Parekh, our Sales Manager has resigned.'

'So?' Himanshu took another morsel

Aashi placed her palm on her forehead and massaged it with her fingers.

'Have to find another one now.' She said. Himanshu extended his hand and placed his palm over hers. Aashi looked at him.

'But you needn't worry, that is the problem of HR department.' He smiled at her.

Aashi also smiled a little, - 'But John is useless as head of HR, he will take months to finalize the new Manager. Then getting to know the new person, the way they work and adjust accordingly.' Aashi slowly slipped her hand from his grip, - 'Have to start everything from scratch.' She shook her head.

'I have a solution to make you happy.' Himanshu said looking straight into her eyes. Aashi nodded and quickly looked down.

She noticed something glistening his hand and he smiled forwarding her a beautiful Solitaire ring.

She blinked at him as he smiled, - 'Marry me, Aashi.' He said calmly. Aashi is stunned. This was something she had never ever thought would happen. Himanshu will propose her, that too so bluntly. 

********************************

So, guys? How was the new phase of Aashi's life and the new person in her life *_* Himanshu is an interesting character, don't you think? and he is bold too *smiles* What you guys think will be Aashi's answer? Drop in your thoughts and love in the comments *flying kisses* *flying kisses*