Chapter 56~ His Reaction

'Woohoo!' Rishabh exclaimed as Aashi and Rishabh returned to his apartment. Aashi was startled with his outburst. Seemed like he had been holding this for a long time. He turned and looked excitedly at Aashi. He held her shoulders, his eyes twinkled. Aashi tilted her head and smiled at him.

'You saw Aashi, how I played? ...' He then goes on to tell her the technical parts. Everything flew out of her head as she continued to admire him. The old zealous Rishabh was back.

'I am so happy, Aashi.' He opened his arms to hug her when Aashi stuck out her palm.

'First, go take a bath.' She said fanning her nose, - 'You stink.' Rishabh frowned. She smiled and held his shoulders, she turned him around and placed her palms on his back. She pushed him towards the bathroom.

'Here.' Aashi handed him a towel and some casual clothes.

'Take a quick bath, I will arrange for food.' She said

'Yes, please. I am starving.' He replied massaging his stomach. Aashi shook her head, a wide smile on her face.

Aashi picked up the landline and sat on the sofa, she folded her legs and tucked them under her butt. She rested her elbow on the armrest of the sofa and waited for the other person to pick up the call. After she had ordered, she cut the line. Just then she heard the shower. Aashi turned her head and looked towards the bathroom door. She smiled looking away. She smiled recollecting Rishabh playing in the field, lost in his zone, in football, his passion.

***********************

As Rishabh bathed, Aashi looked around the house. She had thought she will arrange his things but to her surprise, it was all well-maintained. So unlike, Rishabh who always loved to keep things messy. Aashi picked up one of the frames that had them smiling brightly at the camera. She moved her hand and caressed Rishabh's photo with her fingers. A sad smile appeared on her face. She was startled when she heard someone clear their throat. She turned around and found Rishabh standing next to the sofa. Aashi gulped seeing him wipe his wet hair with a towel.

'What are you looking at?' Rishabh asked moving the towel from around his neck.

'Our old picture.' Aashi showed him the photo frame. Rishabh looked at it and smiled at her.

'Yeah!' He said walking towards her. He took the frame from her and stared at it. Aashi looked at him.

'We looked so happy before, right?' He said and Aashi nodded. Rishabh sighed and looked away momentarily before looking back at the photo frame.

'And I messed up.' He said and Aashi's smile faded. She looked at him and he looked back at her. He sighed placing the photo frame on the table again. He turned to face her and held her arm. Aashi watched him lower his head briefly before looking back up into her eyes.

'I missed you so much, Aashi. In these ten years not, a moment I had spent without thinking about you, without missing you.' He confessed Aashi had tears in her eyes as she stared into his moist eyes. Rishabh looked away. Aashi took a step closer and placed her palm on his cheek, she made him look at her.

'I missed you too. Why didn't you come back to me?' She asked, her voice shaking. Rishabh looked guiltily at her.

'How could I, Aashi? I chose this life for myself. I chose Laila over you.' He said and looked away again, he wiped his tears with his fingers. Aashi held his palm in between hers.

'Okay, Rishabh. That was past. Let's just forget all that.' Aashi suggested, she hoped he comes out of the guilt phase. Rishabh moved his hand from her grip.