Chapter 57~ It's Shopping Time

Suchitra was awestruck as well when Aashi narrated about Rishabh's sudden change. She frowned at her friend, - 'You think he is faking it or maybe he doesn't care.' She commented.

Aashi shook her head, - 'He definitely cares, Suchi, else he wouldn't have been affected. Especially, his reaction when I faked the kiss.'

'Maybe it's out of friendship?'

'Na.' – Aashi shook her head, - 'I know Rishabh like the back of my palm. I know his hidden emotions.' She said. Suchitra was impressed by her determination. But before she could comment anything, her phone rang. She glanced at the mobile screen and then picked up the call.

'Arey, have your dinner first.' Aashi suggested but Suchitra had run off to the room. Aashi sighed and turned, stared at her plate and began eating.

A few minutes later, Aashi was startled when she heard a loud squeal from the room. She panicked and dropped her spoon and hurriedly wiped her hands with a tissue.

'What happened, Suchi?' She found Suchitra sitting at the edge of the bed, silent. Worriedly, Aashi stared at her back.

'Suchi?' She called uncertainly. Cautiously, she walked towards her and placed her palm on her shoulder. She leaned and found Suchitra crying. Aashi felt her heart drop.

'Suchi, what happened?' She kneeled placing her palm on her friend's thigh.

'Is everything alright?' She asked concerned.

Slowly her friend looked up at her, she nodded, her lips trembled as she spoke, - 'Himanshu's parents...they said...Yes.'

'What?' Aashi was surprised. Suchitra nodded.

'Idiot, why are you crying then?' She slapped her friend's arms playfully.

'I am just so happy.' Suchitra replied with a shaky voice.

'Aww.' Aashi opened her arms and Suchitra hugged her friend tightly. Aashi smiled wrapping her arms around her shoulder.

'I am so happy for you.' She said with tears in her eyes.

***************************

Rishabh: So, what is great in that?

Aashi rolled her eyes and spoke, - 'I called you to give such a great news and you...unbelievable.'

Rishabh: I will advise them to not marry. They are sorted as it is. Why get into a relationship?

Aashi: Because they love each other and want to spend rest of their lives together.

She frowned when she heard him scoff.

Aashi: Whatever, I did a huge mistake to call you. Brooding angry young man, Idoit.

Without waiting for any response, she cut the call and angrily tossed her phone on the bed. She sat back and crossed her arms. She mumbled about how dumb Rishabh was being and something needs to be done, ASAP. Just then, Suchitra entered and inquired about her friend's bad mood but Aashi doesn't tell her anything, instead she grumpily replied, - 'Nothing.' And fell on the bed covering herself from head to toe.

******************************

Sunday, Aashi was all smiles as she rang the door-bell, minutes later Rishabh opened the door. She was taken aback seeing him in blue vest and shorts. He blinked at her and then looked down at himself. Before Aashi could respond, he turned around welcoming her hastening and walked into his room. Aashi frowned. Then, she shrugged and walked into the living room. She sat on the sofa when Rishabh appeared wearing a robe over his night clothes. Aashi looked at his messy hair and he knew he had been lazing around.