Chapter 54~ The First Love

Saturday Night,

Aashi stared out of the window enjoying the sunshine and sipping some tea. Just then Suchitra entered the room, she squealed so loudly that Aashi nearly dropped her cup. She turned and glared at her friend, but she was in her own happy hand. She jumped on spot, blushing and talking to Himanshu. Aashi leaned against the window still and admired her friend.

'I love you, too.' Suchitra said and cut the call. She huffed and sat on the bed.

'So? What happened?' Aashi asked. Suchitra placed her phone beside her and looked at her. She adjusted her Pixie cut hair and smiled widely at her friend. Aashi frowned.

'Himanshu has invited us, you and me, to a game of football.' She said. Aashi looked interestingly at her.

'It's his family reunion kinda. And he thought it will be perfect chance to introduce me to his family.' She said.

'Then why are you taking me?' Aashi asked taking a sip of her Tea. Suchitra looked at her nervously.

'We can bring guests and moreover,' – She placed her palm on Aashi's thigh, - 'If you are there I will be less nervous. Please.' She looked at her with puppy dog eyes. Aashi thought for a minute and smiled.

'Of course.' Aashi replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Rishabh: Don't irritate me, Aashi. Why don't you take your silly boyfriend with you? You two will get to spend some time together.

Aashi: I would have but football isn't his thing. It is yours

She frowned when there is complete silence on the other side. She glanced at her phone to check if they are still connected. They are. She then brought the phone to her ear and spoke in a small voice.

Aashi: Rishabh? You there?

After excruciating two minutes, Rishabh spoke

Rishabh: Yeah

Aashi breathes a sigh of relieve. She then spent fifteen minutes convincing him and almost lost her cool when he said. 'Fine.'

Aashi smiled, she opened her mouth to say something, but he had cut the call. She moved her phone from her ear and glared at the phone.

Suchitra was surprised that Aashi is taking only Rishabh along and not Akash. According to her, it would be perfect chance to make him jealous. Aashi shook her head and adjusted the duvet properly covering her legs.

'It would have been, yes, but more than making him jealous I want to bring football back into his life. It was his passion. He gave it up for some stupid girl.' Aashi made a bitter face in the end. Suchitra nodded thoughtfully. Then she extended her hand and placed her palm over Aashi's.

'You love him so much. You deserve him.' She said.

Aashi smiled sadly, - 'I wish he felt the same for me. If he doesn't love me then... I think Akash isn't a bad option.' Aashi said lightly. The girls chuckled and hi-fied each other. After their laughter had died down, Aashi looked at her friend seriously.

'More than my happiness, it's Rishabh's happiness that matters. He has been suffering from past so many years. Ab bas (Enough now) I want my friend back. I want the old Rishabh back.' She said with full determination. Suchitra nodded and hugged her friend. Aashi took her time to place her palms on her friend's shoulder.

**************************

Sunday, Football Match.

Aashi and Suchitra got ready and Aashi drove them to Rishabh's place. He was slightly disappointed as he was supposed to sit in the back seat. The girls passed each other a grin. They then drove to the venue where the get together was to take place. It was a small, not in much use, horse racing stadium. Aashi noticed Rishabh slightly disturbed as they walked. She wanted to hold his hand but stopped herself. Suchitra grabbed her hand, instead. Aashi looked at her and she flashed a nervous smile at her friend. Aashi smiled and blinked at her.

'Hey, guys!' Himanshu greeted them. He was dressed in blue Tee, white Bermuda shorts, and white sneakers. He opened his arms to hug Suchitra, but someone cleared their throat from behind him and he froze. Suchitra froze as well. Aashi looked ahead and found a middle-aged couple. A woman clad in an elegant green and white Saree. Beside her is a man, her husband, dressed in yellow Tee and white Bermuda shorts. Guessing by the different color jerseys Aashi knew they are from the opposite teams.

Himanshu turned around and smiled at the couple. 'Mom, Dad.' He said. Aashi felt Suchitra stiffen beside her. Aashi nudged her and when she looked at her, Aashi pointed towards the couple's feet. Suchitra nodded and hurried towards the couple.

'Namaste.' Suchitra said and bend down touching their feet. Aashi noted the woman eyeing Suchitra with a strange look. Suchitra had insisted she wore Indian but Aashi had advised her otherwise and forced her to wear something she is comfortable in, a Red and white tee and Denims. Aashi also chose modern wear for herself, white crop top and Maroon dungaree shorts with sneakers.

'She is Suchitra, Aashi, and Rishabh. My friends.' Himanshu introduced them to his parents. They exchanged greetings. Himanshu's father, Mr. Anand, was friendlier than Mrs. Anand. Aashi and Suchitra exchanged looks. Himanshu then walked up to Rishabh and placed his arm around his shoulder. Aashi noted Himanshu was inches shorter than Rishabh.

'I heard,' – He glanced at Aashi and they exchanged smiles, - 'You are a very good player. Join my team.' He said. His father groaned, seemed like he wanted Rishabh on his team. Aashi smiled but her smile dropped when Rishabh began protesting.

'Come on, Rishabh, you were the best.' Aashi probed him.

'That was a long time ago, Aashi.' Rishabh said little sternly. Aashi pressed her lips tightly in anger. It took a long time to convince Rishabh.

'I know you did all this on purpose.' Rishabh whispered into Aashi's ear as they walked with the others. She flashed him an evil grin. He looked away shaking his head. Aashi was positive that after today's match, Rishabh's first love, football, will come back into his life. She looked ahead with a determined face. 

*****************************

What do you guys think will happen next? Will Aashi succeed in bringing Rishabh's first love back into his life? And will Himanshu's parents accept Suchitra? Stay Tuned to get these answers *smiles* *smiles*

Precap: The Football Match

NEVER LET ME GO ✔️ (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara