NEVER LET ME GO

Around 10, everyone left except for Aashi and Rishabh. He decided to stay back and help Aashi with the cleaning.

'Thank God, you stayed else my maid would have murdered me.' Aashi joked. Rishabh placed his arm on her shoulder.

'As long as I am with you no one can harm you.' He said sincerely. Aashi's smile faded as she stared into his intense eyes. She gulped seeing passion and love in them. She looked away quickly. She fumbled with pieces of decorations trying to distract herself.

After all the cleaning, Aashi changed into her nightwear and stepped out of the room. She saw Rishabh in the kitchen and she frowned.

'What are you do-'

Before she could complete, Rishabh turned around.

'Masala Chai?' He asked brightly. Aashi looked at the two cups he held in his hand and she nodded.

'Are you planning to make me stay awake all night.' She joked.

'Actually. Yes.' Rishabh winked at her and she looked away blushing.

**********************

After they drank their Chai the two stood on the balcony. Aashi looked ahead, she felt content. She froze on feeling, Rishabh's palms rest over hers. She turned her head and found Rishabh staring at her. She lowered her gaze.

'I love you.' He confessed, his thumb caressed her knuckles. Aashi looked up and smiled.

'I love you too.' She replied. Rishabh took a step closer and Aashi felt her heart fluttering. He held her cheek, stared into her eyes briefly before he leaned. Aashi held his arms as he kissed her softly and she reciprocated. Their kiss soft and slow. After a moment, they pulled apart. Rishabh caressed her cheek with his thumb. Aashi lowered her gaze momentarily before looking up again.

'This was the best gift, Rishabh. Thank you.' She said. Rishabh nodded and wiped her tears.

'No, thank you Aashi for being with an a**h**e like me and never letting me go.' He said with a smile. Aashi smiled.

'I am a very patient person.' Aashi said raising her imaginary collar. Rishabh nodded.

Aashi's eyes widened and she gasped as Rishabh swiftly picked her up. She felt her legs in mid-air and panicked little. She has never been picked up this way before.

'Relax, why are you getting scared?'

'You picked me up so suddenly. Idiot.' She slapped his arm playfully. Rishabh laughed.

'Fatto.'

'Whatever.'

Aashi's heart began to race as Rishabh carried her to the room. He made her sit on the bed and kneeled in front of her. He held her hand and Aashi watched him like a statue.

'Aashi. I want you to forget all the bitter memories and start afresh. Just you and me. I want to give you all the love that you deserve.' He said staring into her eyes. Aashi nodded. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held the back of his head with her palm.

'Nothing can and will come between us now, Rishabh. We are one, forever.' She said and leaned forward.

Aashi kissed him gently on the lips, he held her waist as he reciprocated to the kiss. As they kissed, Aashi leaned back and he shifted little. She smiled as she dropped on the bed. Rishabh smiled too as he climbed over her. Their lips still locked in a passionate kiss.

****************************

Aashi couldn't sleep, she kept blinking at the ceiling. Still, her heart was pounding in her chest like it did a while back. She felt short of breath and was still sweaty, but she didn't care. She was happy. Turning her head, she found Rishabh's face very close to her. He lay on his back, his arm resting on her stomach. He was fast asleep. She shifted her head little away and placed her palm on his arm. She caressed his wrist admiring him lovingly. It is still night time, Aashi doesn't realize the time nor she cared. This was her best birthday ever. She kept staring at him and replayed their love-making session over and over again until she fell asleep.