Chapter 41~ Awkward and Blush

Aashi pressed her lips tightly, she pushed past Himanshu and walked into the living room angrily.

'What are you doing out of the room, and the bed?' She asked Rishabh sternly.

'Hey, I was getting bored.' His voice didn't sound cheery, instead, he sounded and looked distracted.

'But-'

'Hey, Aashi, let the poor guy move a little.' Suchitra said holding Rishabh's arm.

Aashi watched as Suchitra helped Rishabh sit on the sofa.

'Smells nice, what's cooking?' Rishabh asked removing his crutch and stretching his legs.

'Aashi is cooking.'

'What? Really?' Rishabh looked astounded. He looked at Aashi who rolled her eyes folding her arms.

'God bless us.' Rishabh joked and Suchitra roared with laughter. Aashi sighed.

'Hahaha, very funny.' She said, no one bothered to stop laughing and, so she added, - 'Idiots.' She turned around and walked into the kitchen. To her surprise, even Himanshu joined in their laughter. Aashi tried ignoring but looking at Rishabh laughing wholeheartedly, she smiled as well.

****************************

'Here. Come everyone.' Aashi called. Rishabh, Himanshu, and Suchitra who were sitting on the couch, finally stopped chatting and looked up.

'Finally, I am starving.' Suchitra jumped from her seat and rushed towards the table. Himanshu helped Rishabh stand.

'Here, sit.' Aashi said pulling a chair for him. Rishabh sat there, Aashi adjusted his sling and overturned his plate. Suchitra nudged Himanshu and gestured towards them. Himanshu smiled looking at Aashi plate dinner for Rishabh.

'Bas...' Rishabh said sticking out his palm.

Aashi looked at him, 'Bas? No way, you have to eat stomach full.'

'But-'

'I made it with so much love.' Aashi pouted and Rishabh sighed giving up.

'Fine.'

Aashi smiled brightly and continued to plate food for him.

She took her seat beside Rishabh who was seated in the head chair. Aashi looked expectantly at everyone as they tasted the food made by her.

'Awesome.'

'Tasty.'

'Wow.'

All three complimented in unison and with their mouth full. Aashi felt her chest rise with pride, she looked at her food happily. As she took a bite of her own cooking she loved it. She was amazed how she managed to cook so well considering this was the first time she has made this dish.

The rest of the dinner they all spend chatting happily. Later, Suchitra served them some sweets and they spend some more time chatting happily. Later, Himanshu took their leave.

'Rishabh take care, okay... no need to stand.' Himanshu advised Rishabh as he was about to stand.

Himanshu hugged Suchitra and Aashi and bid them good night. Suchitra walked with him till the door while Aashi helped Rishabh stand and guide him.

*****************************

Later that night, Aashi changed into her PJs and stepped into the bedroom looking lost.

'What happened?' Suchitra asked as she sat on the bed. Aashi bit her lower lip.

'I think the water jug in Rishabh's room is empty.' Aashi thought out aloud. Suchitra smiled watching her hurriedly leave the room. She wasn't surprised seeing the concern Aashi has for Rishabh.