Chapter 22~ An Old Friend

Later that night,

'Yes Ma, I had my food. I didn't make it, Vimala Tai made it.... Okay... Yeah work was good... okay, good night.' Aashi smiled as she cut the call. Talking to her parents especially on Saturday night is her stress buster. Aashi fell back on the bed and sighed happily. She is glad to have her parents just a phone call away from her, also having a sweet neighbor, Vimala Tai, who is a widow. Her Daughter and Son are happily married and living abroad. She lives alone here. Yet she is epitome of positivity. Whenever Aashi feels upset and she spends some time with her neighbor. She instantly feels better.

Aashi turned to her side and snuggled into her bed. Being at home in her warm Mickey mouse PJs, she felt relaxed.

She had slept for around fifteen minutes when she is rudely woken up by her phone's ring. She cursed the caller as she picked her mobile from the bedside table. She blinked to clear her vision and frowned on seeing an unknown number flash on the screen. For a minute, she thought it is Himanshu trying to call her from a new number. But then, since she had walked away from him outside John's office, he hasn't called or texted her.

Hesitantly, Aashi picked up the call.

'Hello?'

'Hello, Aashi?'

Aashi frowned, the feminine voice from the other side sounded very familiar. She rattled her brain for a second before answering, - 'Yes.'

'Wow, Glad I found you.' The voice said, the more it spoke the more familiar it sounded.

'Sorry, Do I know you?' Aashi asked hesitantly. She bit her tongue when there is a loud gasp from the other side.

'You forgot me, Aashi? It is me Suchitra.' The voice said

A bright smile appeared on her face, - 'Suchitra.' Aashi exclaimed throwing the duvet off her and leaped from her bed. Instant energy surged through her body and she felt all her tiredness disappear.

'How are you, yaar?' Aashi asked

'I am good. I work as Senior Marketing Head in JJ real estate company in Gurgaon.' Suchitra said happily.

'Wow, ya.' Aashi said, she continuously paced in her room, with all the excitement of talking to her long-lost friend after almost a decade is keeping her on her toes.

The two girls then chatted, at times reminiscing their past. They felt emotional.

'I wish we can meet.' Aashi pouted sadly as she sat on the edge of her bed.

'Well, consider your wish granted.'

'Huh!' Aashi held her breath, she could feel Suchitra smirk from the other side.

'Babes, I am getting transferred to the Pune Branch.' She said.

Aashi yelped with happiness, 'What?'

'Yes, I will give you the details soon, but I need a help...I need accommodation in Pune.' Suchitra sounded worried. But Aashi isn't worried, she smiled instead.

'Babes, don't worry about that...You stay with me, we will share the rent.' Aashi said brightly.

Suchitra took a second to react, but when she got what Aashi meant, she sounded overexcited.

The two women did some more catching up before wrapping up the call around 3 am. Aashi is glad that tomorrow is Sunday and she doesn't have office else waking up early as 5 am would have been an impossible task.

****************************

Awww *_* Aashi's friend is here *Yaaay* Let us see what happens with Suchitra's re-entry *smiles*