Chapter 46~ Without You

Hey, guys. The wonderful banner above has been made by @1999Su. Thanks so much for the amazing banner, love *_*

Now, the Chapter. Enjoy!!!

****************************

'Rishabh?'

'Hmm...'

'How are Aunty and Uncle?' Aashi felt stupid asking this question now, but so much happened that it slipped out of her mind.

Rishabh looked at her, - 'They are good.' He said nodding.

Aashi frowned, - 'Are you lying again like you lied about Laila.' Aashi said mindlessly. Rishabh froze and it is then Aashi realized what she had said. She bit her tongue looking apologetically at him.

Rishabh doesn't respond, he simply stuffs his right hand into his pocket and began took walk. Aashi took few seconds to walk, she quickly caught up with him.

'Sorry.' She said

'Don't be-' he turned her head, 'You were always right, I was the foolish one.' He said sadly. Aashi's heart fell noticing tears glistening in his eyes.

Rishabh sighed and looked front at the dark moonless night sky, - 'I wish I could go back in time and smack my head.' He chuckled.

'Oh, Rishabh.' Aashi said and hugged him. He was taken aback for a second but then moved his hand and placed it on her back, hugging her.

'Aashi.' She hugged him tighter hearing his quivering voice, - 'I don't want to visit those dark days again. Those days, years, without you.' He said.

'Shh.' Aashi whispered caressing back of his head with one arm and his back with her other arm.

After a while they parted and quickly wiped their tears. Rishabh looked at her and forced a smile, -'It is getting late. I will leave.'

Aashi nodded smiling through her tears.

Soon, the cab came and Rishabh got into the back seat, - 'Take care of Suchitra.' Aashi nodded.

Aashi waved him goodbye as the cab sped away.

********************************

Aashi came home and found Vimala Tai sitting in the living room watching her rom-com on TV. She smiled and locked the door.

'Thank you, Tai.' Aashi side hugged Vimala Tai and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Tai looked at her and smiled, - 'I had to. Now, if you don't mind let me watch my show.' She said seriously. Aashi chuckled noticing the change in her tone. Aashi nodded and got up.

Cautiously, she opened the door to Suchitra's room and walked in. Suchitra has washed her face and so she didn't look messy. Aashi kneeled beside her and looked at her with a smile.

'You believe in destiny, right?' Aashi spoke softly, - 'then I am sure there is something awesome planned by destiny for you.' She said and leaned forward kissing the side of her forehead.

'Be strong.' She said standing up.

As she walked out of the room, her phone beeped.

Rishabh: How is Suchitra?

Aashi: Asleep.

Aashi felt touched with Rishabh's concern for Suchitra. Rishabh always says she is a loyal and fierce friend but he forgets that he is one too. But a foolish one, Aashi thought with a smile.

She changed into her PJs, brushed her teeth and slipped into the covers of her cozy bed.

As she lay on the bed staring at the ceiling and reminiscing past she recollected Suchitra's words and agreed with it.

At times, it is okay to make mistakes, to have a heartbreak, only then will we learn. Rishabh has changed so much, he realized the blunder he did and is very regretful. Aashi was glad that he was finally free from the dark days, but clearly, it still haunts him. Like she had expected, after the heartbreak Rishabh has become very vulnerable and distanced himself from everyone, even his parents. Aashi was determined to erase the loneliness and misery from his life and make him return to his old happy self.

But how? Will he give life and love another chance?

Whatever it might be but this time, Aashi was determined to never let him go. She has lost him once, she will not lose him again.

************************

Awww, Rishabh *sad face* Aashi you can do it. Never let go of your foolish friend/love *silly laughs* 

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? 

What do you think, guys? Will Aashi succeed? Will Rishabh give love another chance? Drop in your thoughts, please *smiles*