Chapter 49~ A Budding Romance

Next morning, after getting ready for work Aashi made lemonade and walked to Suchitra's room.

'Argh...' Suchitra had just woken up. She massaged her head and groaned in pain.

'Here.' Aashi stuck out her hand forwarding the glass right at her face. Suchitra looked at the glass and then at her friend. She smiled meekly at her and took the glass.

'Thanks.' She said.

'Ahh...' She sighed taking a sip. Aashi sat in front of her and looked at her. Suchitra frowned not liking the expressions on Aashi's face.

'I am very disappointed in you, Suchitra.' Aashi said, her tone dry. Suchitra looked apologetically at her friend. She lowered her gaze and muttered a sorry. Aashi looked at her for a while as Suchitra stared at the glass.

'Coming so late, getting so drunk, Suchitra. I thought you were a responsible adult. I know Himanshu is a familiar person but still?' Aashi expressed her disappointment. All the while, Suchitra listened with her head lowered. Aashi sighed and leaned forward, she held her palm. Suchitra still didn't look up.

'I am your friend and I care for you, that is why I am telling you. Please don't get me wrong.' She said softly. Suchitra nodded her head.

Aashi then got up and said she is off to work and asked Suchitra get ready too. Again, Suchitra simply nodded her head. To give her privacy and some time to think, Aashi didn't pester her more. She turned around and left.

**********************************

At work, Aashi was greeted by Himanshu near the elevator. First thing after a formal good morning he asked about Suchitra, - 'How is she now?'

'Better.'

'You gave her lemonade? Her head must be aching.'

Aashi looked at him with her eyebrow raised, she was surprised seeing him so concern for Suchitra. Himanshu looked at her and shrugged, - 'What?'

'Nothing.' Aashi replied and entered the elevator.

*****************************

Next few weeks, Aashi began observing some weird changes in Suchitra as well as in Himanshu. Both were happier than before, glowing and they blushed a lot in each other's presence. Suchitra spent most of the time chatting or texting on her mobile. Few nights, Aashi caught strange murmuring sounds from her room and when she peeped in she found Suchitra on phone. The smile, the way she twirled a strand of hair with her index finger and the whispers gave Aashi a hint she isn't talking to her parents or colleagues or friend. Then who?

Aashi grew suspicious of the two and one night, when she, Rishabh, Suchitra and Himanshu, all four were having dinner Aashi noticed them grinning and stealing glances at each other. Unable to stop herself she asked, - 'Is there something going on between you two?'

Himanshu chocked on his food while Suchitra looked alarmed. Rishabh looked confused.

Aashi looked on as Suchitra and Himanshu glanced at each other, they then looked back at Aashi.

'Nothing.' They said in unison

Aashi raised her eyebrow not believing them. She felt a palm over hers and turned her head to look at Rishabh who sat by her side, - 'Leave it, Aashi.' He said with a smile. As everyone returned to their food, Aashi eyed her best friend and friend.

'You know I am positive, 1000% there is something between the two.' Aashi said to Rishabh as the two strolled in the grounds of the locality. Suchitra and Himanshu excused themselves stating they need to clean the place and will join them shortly.