Chapter 15~ Playing Cupid

Next day, Aashi asked Rishabh to wait in the store room while she gets Laila. She also asked him to rehearse the lines she had written for him. Rishabh nodded nervously.

'I have never been so stressed ever in my life.' He said wiping the sweat from his brow.

'You have never been in love ever before.' Aashi said with a small smile

'True.' Rishabh said mindlessly, he got back into staring at the lines too oblivious to the pain in Aashi's eyes.

She looked around and found Laila in one of the classrooms, few students have dispersed for Lunch and few remained. Laila being the few who stayed back. She sat silently on the back bench having her lunch. Aashi took a deep breath, forced a smile, and entered the classroom.

'Laila.' She said, and Laila looked up. She looked confused as Aashi sat beside her.

'Look, Laila. I am here to apologize. I had asked Rishabh to stay away from you...I thought wrongly of you...I am sorry.' Every word felt fake as Aashi spoke, but she suppressed her feelings. Laila blinked at her confusedly. Aashi sighed and extended her hand placing her palm over hers, - 'Laila, Rishabh loves you, he truly does and he wants to be with you...so if you could give him a chance.' She said seriously.

For a second she saw Laila smile, a twinkle in her eyes but she quickly changed her expressions into a sad one, she sighed, - 'It doesn't matter, I have a boyfriend now.' She said sadly.

Aashi mentally rolled her eyes, Nautanki, she thought inwardly but said, - 'You don't love Prakash, right?'

Laila shook her head.

'Then? Rishabh is waiting for you in the storeroom, where you both met for the first time,' -Aashi stood up, Laila looked at her as she said, - 'if you love him and are willing to be in a relationship with him, come there before Lunchtime ends.' She finished and without waiting for Laila to respond, she turned around and walked away.

*****************************

'Dude, you should have waited for her response...What if she doesn't come?' Rishabh said annoyed.

'She will come.' Aashi said, she knew Laila too well, she will never leave this chance. She will come. It has been five minutes since she spoke to Laila and yet her believe doesn't waver. Aashi peeped from inside the storeroom and smiled as she saw Laila walking towards the storeroom. She had her books tightly pressed against her chest.

'She is here, Dude all the best.' Aashi said and was about to leave when Rishabh grabbed her hand.

'Wait, you are going?' He asked wide-eyed.

Aashi rolled her eyes, - 'Of course, I don't want to be kabab mein haddi here, anyway.' She said seriously.

Before Rishabh could protest further, Laila entered the room. All three stared at each other before Aashi hastily moved her arm from Rishabh's grip. She flashed an awkward smile at Laila and quickly walked towards the door. She turned around and caught Rishabh's gaze.

She mouthed "All the best" and left. As she walked away from the room, tears began to prick her eyes yet there was a smile her lips.

What if she has really mistaken Laila? And maybe Rishabh will be happy with her. And if he is happy, she is happy, Aashi thought and her smile widened.

**********************************

After Lunch, when everyone had dispersed Rishabh came running towards Aashi.

'Aashi.' He huffed. She stopped and looked at him, his smile said what his lips were to say. She waited for him to relax and then he said with a bright smile, - 'Aashi, she said yes...she said she loves me too.' Rishabh confessed happily.

Aashi forced a smile. Though it is a happy news, it made her heart bleed, it made her sad.

'And guess what, I didn't even need those dumb lines.... Wow.' Rishabh said.

Dumb lines, those were lines written by her and he so casually called them Dumb, it hurt Aashi even more.

Rishabh smiled and leaned forward hugging her, once again oblivious to her pain. Aashi quickly wiped her tear with her index finger and hugged him back though halfheartedly.

One month passed by, Rishabh and Laila became a hot topic in College. Few people loved them and few envied them and there were few who didn't bother. Rishabh and Laila were going strong and were madly in love, at least for the onlookers. And with a new relationship, old ones took a back seat. Aashi smiled sarcastically at herself when she remembered she had been holding on Rishabh's words that she will always be his priority. Aashi realized now, like people and time, even priorities change.

Aashi who had always been by Rishabh's side slowly began to move behind, and so behind that now she wasn't visible in the picture. It was only Rishabh and his love Laila.

'That cunning, b****, it is all her doing.' Kajal had said angrily. The three girls, Kajal, Suchitra, and Aashi sat in the canteen having their lunch and working on their project. Aashi scoffed, no it not only her doing, it is Rishabh's doing as well. He is no kid, whatever it is, he has chosen Laila over Aashi, a lover over a friend.

********************************

Aashi, Why you so nice? What you did needed a lot of strength *wipes tears* And Congrats Rishabh and Laila

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop your comments *smiles*