Chapter 48~ Getting Jealous and Drunk

After Office hours, 9pm. Aashi glanced at her wrist watch as she stepped of her cabin. She cursed for getting so late. Still there is work, to do so she must hurry home. She adjusted the sling of her bag and turned around. She saw Rishabh stepping out of his cabin. She walked towards him. He locked the door and turned around when she called him.

Just like her he looked tired too, his coat resting on his free hand with which he held his laptop bag too, few buttons of his shirt were undone, and his tie loosened. He smiled wearying at her.

'Come I will drop you home.' She said as the two walked towards the elevator.

'No, I am Okay.'

'Shut up.' Aashi said sternly. Rishabh sighed.

'Is Himanshu coming too?' He asked and Aashi was stunned with his question.

'Why? Jealous?' Aashi grinned.

'Huh! No. Of course not.' Rishabh covered up. But he didn't meet her gaze and she knew he was lying. Rishabh was jealous of Himanshu, something about it made Aashi feel good.

'Okay, then why did you ask?'

'Aise hi.' Rishabh lied again. Aashi smirked.

They walked silently and sat in the car without uttering a word. As Aashi drove, she looked at Rishabh from the corner of her eyes. She noticed him looking thoughtful.

'What are you thinking?' She asked

'Himanshu.' - Rishabh said mindlessly, he quickly composed himself and said, - 'Nothing, work.' He looked flushed as Aashi laughed.

'Come on, don't lie. I am sure it's not work. Tell.'

'No.

'Tell.'

Aashi kept pestering him to talk, she was enjoying him being annoyed and embarrassed. Rishabh gave up and sighed, - 'Fine.'

'Is there – you – know - are you and Himanshu together?' He asked not meeting Aashi's gaze.

She looked at him briefly and then at the road, - 'He likes me, in fact, he proposed me too.' Aashi looked at Rishabh, she noticed the discomfort on his face, something she had never seen before. Perhaps, before when they were together as friends, Rishabh had been very confident of their friendship but now with a gap of ten years maybe he was insecure. But so much insecurity just for a friend? Aashi shut the thought inside her heart, she doesn't want to get her hopes high.

'I am happy for you.' Rishabh said after a moment of silence.

Aashi looked at him surprised, he forced a smile. Aashi stopped the car, startling him. She looked him amazed, - 'What?' She asked him. He frowned.

She took a moment before laughing. She laughed hard throwing her head back. Rishabh frowned harder, he turned little looked at her, - 'What is so funny?' He asked slightly annoyed and confused.

'He proposed me, but I rejected him.' Aashi said after she had stopped laughing. She noticed his frown turn into relieve.

'Oh.' He said, he looked away and a small smile appeared on his lips.

Aashi frowned, - 'Why are you smiling?'

'I am so stupid.' He said shaking his head, he looked at her and Aashi smiled mischievously at him.

'Admit it, you were jealous?' Aashi said pointing her index finger at him.

'Hey, No.' Rishabh lied again, this time confidently. Aashi's mouth dropped open, it was a plain white lie.