Chapter 21~ Marry Me

'Aashi, I know what you are thinking. We have been friends and all this so suddenly.' He said, and she nodded her head, her gaze unmoved. Himanshu sighed and held her palm with his free hand.

'This isn't sudden Aashi. I was your secret admirer since the time I had seen you for the first time. Then slowly after getting to know you I realized that you are one I want to marry Aashi,' -he squeezed her palm, - 'You are everyone's dream woman. Smart, intelligent, beautiful, confident. But I don't want you to be just my dream, I want you to be part of my life and I want to be part of yours. I love you, Aashi.' Himanshu's confession stunned Aashi. She blinked at him. Himanshu waited patiently for her answer.

Slowly, she moved her palm from under his and Himanshu's smile faded.

'Himan... Himanshu...' - Aashi didn't know how to say it to him, she felt very awkward, - 'I am not ready for Marriage...there is still so much for me to achieve professionally before I settle.' She said

'Aashi, it is a huge decision. Please don't take it in haste. I am sorry for startling you but take your time and decide.' Himanshu said softly. Aashi looked at him, slowly she shook her head.

'Himanshu, the main thing is-' she bit her lower-lip as in her head she formed a proper sentence and then said, - 'I have always seen you as a friend, only as a friend and I don't think it is possible to you know-'

'But equations change, don't they? Feelings change. Friends do fall in love and get married don't they.' Himanshu pressed on.

Aashi bit her lower lip, she has reached a dead end. What will she say him now?

'Aashi,' - he said softly and Aashi came out of her trance, - 'Is there anyone else in your life? Do you love someone else?' Himanshu asked.

Aashi looked away, how will she say him that she loves someone else? But then is that person worth it? She often debates with herself, but she just can't stop loving him. The feeling is as strange as it sounds.

Ten years, it has been ten years and yet the love and care she feels for that one person is something that never dowsed with time. It is strange how this works, she hasn't seen him for nearly a decade, yet she loves him. How? Aashi doesn't know, but she knows one thing, that whatever she feels for Rishabh she has never felt for any other man. And she has met many men in these ten years, but she hardly even made them her friends forget loving them. Aashi knows the feeling when she used to be with Rishabh. Neither was she ever able to form a similar bond nor feel the strong feelings she felt for Rishabh. Many days and nights in these ten years she had often wondered how he must be doing in life? Every time she wanted to contact him again, she recollected that night when he had chosen Laila over her.

'Aashi...' Himanshu shook her palm breaking the chain of her thoughts. She looked at him and shook her head.

'Then?'

'Please Himanshu, don't make things complicated for me, for us. I am not ready for Marriage neither do I think of you as anyone more than a friend.' She said standing up.

Himanshu looked at her guiltily. Aashi took out her wallet and placed her half of the bill on the table.

'Aashi.' Himanshu protested but she doesn't look at him. He called behind her as she walked out of the restaurant.

They were having Lunch in a nearby restaurant which was walking distance from their office so Aashi briskly walked towards her office. Himanshu got caught up in the restaurant with the billing and taking the advantage of the crowd Aashi disappeared.

As she walked, she felt tears in her eyes, Himanshu was her only friend here in Pune and after today, after knowing about his feelings, their friendship will not be the same again. Also, knowing that she loves someone else she didn't want to commit to Himanshu and give him false hopes. Things got very complicated for Aashi.

**************************************

The other half day at work, Aashi was very disturbed. She had been rejecting Himanshu's calls and finally switched off her phone. After she had composed herself she left her cabin and walked towards the HR department.

'John.' She knocked his cabin and within seconds she is asked to come in. She entered. A young man smiled at her, he adjusted his thick black glasses and gestured Aashi to sit opposite him.

'John, you heard about Abhishek?' She began.

He thought for a while before nodding. 'Yes.'

'Have you started the process of searching a suitable candidate?'

John looked at her for a second before shaking his head. Aashi raised her eyebrow at him, he shrugged.

'Well then, start looking?' She said.

'Now?' John looked astonished. Irritated, Aashi tapped her fingers on the table as he said, - 'He will be serving at least a week's notice period, right.'

Aashi pressed her lips momentarily before saying sternly. 'Okay, start looking by this December.'

John looked confused, - 'But this month is Jan.' He said innocently. Aashi rolled her eyes sighing exasperatedly.

'Just start looking, John.' She said and stood up. John stood up too, he walked with her to the door and she advised, more like ordered, him to get the Select the Candidates and send them to her by next week. John looked stunned, nevertheless, he nodded.

Once she left his cabin, she almost dashed into Himanshu. He looked at her guiltily. She quickly looked away from him.

Himanshu called Aashi but she doesn't respond and walked away, thankfully he didn't follow and irritate her further. 

********************************

Aww *_* The proposal was so *_* but Friendzoned *rolls eyes* Himanshu's heart breaks *sad*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them in the comments :* :*