Chapter 66~ Romance

Next morning, Aashi woke up with a bright smile. She felt someone under her and she looked at him. Rishabh slept peacefully. His one arm wrapped around her shoulder and other dangling from the bed. His legs sprawled. Aashi shifted and lay on her back. She clasped his palm and stared lovingly at him. His lips slightly parted and his chest rose and fell as he breathed. She moved her hand and played with the edge of his hair. Rishabh shifted and she retracted her hand but before she could move away his eyes opened and he smiled at her. She smiled back.

'Good morning.' He said in his groggy voice.

'Good morning.' She replied and kissed his forehead, - 'I will make breakfast and we will go to the office together.'

Rishabh sighed and shifted, he held her waist with both his arms and Aashi smiled.

'Hmm-mm.' He said shaking his head. Aashi frowned and he explained, - 'First I will have breakfast, go to my apartment and change and then go to the office. Also, we can't go together. I don't want anyone gossiping about us.'

Aashi nodded. They stared at each other until Aashi broke the eye contact. She smiled and moved his arms away. Though, initially, Rishabh was reluctant he lets go of her. She climbed down the bed and tied her hair in a bun.

'Freshen up. Okay?' She said. Rishabh propped up on his elbow and nodded sadly. Aashi frowned at him but when he told her that he doesn't want her to leave she smiled.

'Nautanki Sala.' She said throwing a pillow at him. Rishabh was taken by surprise as the pillow hit his face.

'Ahh, Aashi.' He groaned while she giggled and hurriedly left the room.

****************************

Aashi stalled time by the elevator. She knew it must be looking awkward, but she wanted to get into the elevator with Rishabh. Himanshu insisted she come with him but she kept refusing and after a while, he got the hint and left her alone. She looked gratefully at him.

She glanced at her watch and agitatedly took out her phone from the pocket of her grey trousers. She opened her contacts and was searching for his name when someone tapped her shoulder. Rishabh grinned at her while she frowned at him.

'What took you long? Did you fall asleep?' Aashi spoke as she pressed the button to the elevator.

'Actually.' Rishabh rubbed the back of his neck, looking apologetically at her. Aashi's mouth dropped open.

'Rishabh!' She shook head rolling her eyes. She smiled as the elevator door opened. Once inside, Rishabh pressed the button and the door closed. Surprised, Aashi looked at him.

'I don't want anyone else in the elevator.' He winked at her. Aashi looked away, her cheeks flushed.

After the door closed, Rishabh swiftly grabbed Aashi's free hand and her eyes widened. She looked at him and he flashed his charming smile. She felt weak in the knees just staring into his eyes. He pulled her closer and she gasped.

'What are you doing?' She whispered, shyly

'Nothing.' He shrugged.

Slowly, she looked up into his eyes. He gazed into her eyes briefly before his gaze fell on her lips. Reflexively, she parted her lips. He looked back into her eyes and she stared into his eyes. He tilted his head. Aashi smiled closing her eyes. He held her face with his free hand and leaned closer. But before they could kiss the elevator door opened and they jumped apart. Rishabh groaned while Aashi looked away feeling slightly embarrassed. Thankfully, no one was there. They had just reached their floor. Avoiding each other's gaze, they walked out of the elevator.

************************

Throughout the first half, Aashi felt restless. The last night's kiss kept replaying in her mind and this made her crave kissing Rishabh again. The first time, she found herself out of focus. Many times, she had an urge to call him but knew it might make people suspicious.

She was very happy when it was lunchtime. As Aashi exited her cabin she saw Rishabh leave his cabin too. They smiled widely at each other. As they stood, blushing, in front of the elevator Himanshu joined them out of the blue. Rishabh masked his annoyance but it was evident from Aashi's face that she didn't like the party-pooper. Himanshu clearly didn't get it as he happily greeted them.

'Himanshu, you are here?' Aashi asked pretending to sound sweet but fakeness dripped from her voice.

'I had some work here, so. Anyway, come let us have food. I am starving.' He said.

Aashi and Rishabh passed a glance at each other. They forced a smile.

***************************

Later in the night, Aashi wrapped up her work. She closed her eyes and stood up. She sighed arranging the files. She closed the flap of the laptop and stuffed it in her bag. She combed her hair with her fingers and tucked her white shirt into her trousers neatly. She fished out a hand-mirror and did a little touch-up, hung her bag on her shoulder and switched off the lights of her cabin. She locked the door and looked towards Rishabh's cabin. The lights are still on. Aashi looked around, it is 9.30 in the night and many employees have left. She smiled, adjusted her hair and walked confidently towards his cabin.

She knocked at the door. She smiled hearing his strong baritone calling her in.

'Hey.' She said brightly. Rishabh looked up, his eyes looked weary. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

'What are you doing?' She asked standing next to him. Rishabh sighed and pointed towards the laptop.

'Working. My boss is very strict, you know.' He said. Aashi held the armrests of his chair and made him turn towards her. She looked seductively into his eyes as she held his tie. He stared back, lovingly.

'Yeah.' She lowered her eyes momentarily before looking at him again, - 'But right now your boss wants you to not work.' She closed the flap of his laptop with the other hand. Then, she looked at him and tugged his tie. Rishabh stood up.

'Right now, your boss wants you to relax.' Aashi said wrapping her arms loosely around his neck. Rishabh smiled.

'We are in office.'

'But we are alone.' Aashi retorted instantly. They looked at each other. Aashi played with the back of his hair and stared confidently yet lovingly at him. She tip-toed and pecked his lips. Rishabh smiled and held her waist. He pulled her closer, their faces inches apart. They gazed into each other's eyes before they leaned in for a kiss.

****************************

Please, Do not disturb the love-birds, guys *wink* *wink*