Chapter 52~ The Plan

'Suchitra.' Aashi entered the apartment and called her friend in excitement. She locked the door and called again. No response. She frowned and walked to her friend's room.

'Uff!' She said shaking her head. Her friend was fast asleep. Her mouth slightly open and she was also snoring softly.

'Suchitra, Suchitra.' Aashi sat next to her and shook her to wake her up. Suchitra woke up with a jolt she looked around alarmed. Aashi suppressed her smile.

'Hey, I was waiting for you.' Suchitra said and then yawned rubbing her eyes. Aashi pressed her lips tightly and rolled her eyes.

Yeah, right!

'How was your date?' She asked groggily.

Aashi nodded, she was too excited to correct her friend – that wasn't a date.

'Hey, listen,' – Aashi held Suchitra's hand and looked at her hopefully, - 'Once you had introduced me to one of you colleague...what was his name?'

'Akash?'

'Yes, Akash! I need a favor from him and you.' Aashi shifted in her seat. Her eyes twinkled with excitement.

'Favor? What Favor?' Suchitra blinked cluelessly at her friend while Aashi grinned naughtily. 

************************

One week later, Aashi took early leave from work. It was very, very unlike her and this made Rishabh suspicious, but she made up some excuse. Purposefully, she made lame excuses so that he gets more suspicious.

'How am I looking?' She asked him as she adjusted her hair on her shoulder and pulling up the collar of her blue long button-down Kurthi. Rishabh eyed her and then looked away.

'Bandar (Monkey).' He replied not looking away from his laptop. Aashi's mouth dropped open. She slapped his arm and he winced.

'I am your boss, Okay.' She told him faking a stern voice. Rishabh nodded dryly. Aashi could make out he was pissed off.

It has not even started yet – She thought devilishly.

As she walked out the cabin she could feel Rishabh's gaze on her and that made her very hopeful.

****************************

Aashi hates latecomers, she kept tapping her fingers impatiently as she looked around the Café. The entire place is abuzz with people and all their chattering was irritating her further. She shifted and grabbed her handbag and took out her phone. She had just unlocked it to call Suchitra when someone cleared their throat. Aashi looked up. A tall, well-built man with brown eyes and black hair stood in front of her. She looked at him. He was dressed in a checked shirt, denim, and a grey blazer. Semi-formal look for work, Aashi thought. She noted his hair was spiked and a small ear stud in his left ear. Modern, Aashi thought.

'Aashi?' He asked, his voice deep. She nodded.

'Hey, Akash.' He extended his hand and Aashi shook his hand. He sat opposite her and smiled. 'Suchitra said you wanted to meet me?' He asked curiously.

Aashi exhaled deeply and nodded. Her posture very professional like she placed her phone back into her purse. 'Yes.' – She looked at him, - 'I want you to be my boyfriend.' She said bluntly.

'Excuse me.' Akash was taken aback. Aashi nodded and leaned placing her arm on the table.

'Just pretend boyfriend. I want to make someone jealous.' She said.