Chapter 18~ I have got Proof

The party was in full swing, Aashi Suchitra and Kajal were mostly alone, like always. But it didn't matter to them, they were enough for each other. Some Juniors did interact with them, few even looked up to them.

'Excuse me, I need to use the washroom.' Aashi excused herself and left for the washroom. On the way, she saw Rishabh with his gang but Laila was missing. At first Aashi thought, something was amiss, it is unlike Laila to not stick to him like a leach. But then she shrugged, why do I care, she thought and walked away.

As Aashi walked towards the washroom, she heard some commotion. She approached towards the sound cautiously. She hid behind a wall when she saw two figures, squinting her eyes she is shocked to see Laila and Prakash, they are talking something. Aashi strained her ear to hear what they were talking.

Prakash held Laila's hand and she jerked his hand furiously.

'Leave my hand.' She said harshly

'But why, Laila? Why did you dump me?' He pleaded.

Aashi quickly took out her phone and secretly began to record this. She hopes she gets a proof against Laila and then it is game over for her.

'Dump you? I wasn't even with you, it was a desperate measure for desperate times.' She said folding her arm. Aashi smirked.

'What?'

'Yes, that Stupid Rishabh was a tough nut, very tough nut and you were my only ticket to be with him. Like I wanted, he got jealous seeing us together. Male egos (scoff) First he liked when I was running behind him but when I began dating you, he got jealous and Voila, he came running to me, just like how I wanted.' Laila confessed with pride.

Prakash looked confused and hurt, - 'But why he, why not me?' He said, his voice cracked.

Laila made a face, - 'Please, why are you even comparing yourself to him. You are useless and he, Rishabh is a jackpot. Handsome, popular, college football team captain, also a decent student. Every girl in my class had a crush on him. At first, I thought that Jeet will get me popularity but that dumb ass went I lost the tryouts itself. The day, when I saw Rishabh play so awesomely in the tryouts, I knew he was my target. Then after knowing every girl's reaction I knew I must have him if I wanted to be popular.' She confessed.

Aashi felt disgusted, but she is happy also as she is proven right. There was indeed something fishy with Laila.

'You are such a selfish attention seeking b****.' Prakash spat angrily. Aashi nodded in agreement.

'Think whatever you want, I don't care.' Laila said flipping her hair haughtily. Aashi smiled and quickly stuffed her phone into her purse and walked casually towards the washroom. Laila looked shocked but Aashi smiled at her as though she hasn't heard anything, and that was her mistake.

Aashi placed her purse on the sink and entered one of the cubicles, a broad smile on her lips. Finally, everything will be over, Rishabh will be free from her clenches.

As Aashi stepped out, she saw Laila near the sink and hurried towards her.

'What happened?' Laila said startled. Aashi simply shook her head, she checked her phone and was relieved finding it was still inside.

'Nothing.' She smiled and left the washroom.

Aashi hurried back into the venue where everyone was gathered, she took out her phone and looked around for Rishabh. Finally, she found him with his gang having a cocktail.

'Rishabh, I want to talk to you.' She whispered urgently. Rishabh looked at her, he looked surprised to see her talk to him. After that fight, they never spoke, not even a word.

'No.' He said and turned back to his friends. Aashi rolled her eyes and took the glass from his hand startling him.

'Hey.' He exclaimed.

'Just come.' Aashi grabbed his hand and forcefully dragged him. Rishabh protests neither physically nor verbally.

Aashi took him to a corner, Rishabh looked confused seeing a glint in her eyes, she smiled widely.

'I told you, I told you. See I am right.' Aashi said happily. Rishabh looked on perplexed.

'I had gone to the washroom and guess who I saw there.' She paused for dramatic effect and then continued, - 'Laila and Prakash.' She said excitedly

Rishabh shook his head, - 'No, no, no, no, Aashi not again. I don't want to listen to your baseless theories again.' He said sticking out his palm.

'It is not baseless,' - Aashi held his hand, - 'I have proof.' She said, and this got his attention. He looked at her intently.

She unlocked her phone and went straight to the gallery.

'What the....' Her eyes widened when she saw the clip missing, she checked the recycle bin and it wasn't there either.

Shit!

'What is it? I don't have all day.' Rishabh said impatiently

'That b****.' Aashi said bitterly as she recollected Laila standing near the sink next to her purse.

'Hey, Aashi. Watch your language. Laila is my girlfriend. You don't have any proof then why did you waste my time.' Rishabh said sounding miffed. Aashi looked at him angrily.

'I had it, I recorded the entire conversation but that...she deleted it.'

'ENOUGH! You don't have proof so don't blame Laila. This has become your habit. I don't understand what is your problem, Aashi.' Rishabh said angrily.

'My problem is...my problem is that... I... care too much about you.' Aashi said her voice cracked as she tried her best to not cry.

'Yeah, if you care then please get lost from my life.' Rishabh said exasperatedly. He then turned around and began to walk. Aashi stood there numb.

Then everything that Laila had said echoed in her ears and she shook her head. Now, that she has seen her true face, she can't let Rishabh be with her. She is just using Rishabh, Aashi can't let his heart get broken. The heartbreak will shatter him. As Aashi looked at him go she realized that she is indeed in love with him. This care, this possessiveness isn't just friendship, it is love. She smiled little at the realization. 

**********************************

Aashi realized she is in love *_* But that Laila *angry face* she is so cunning *angry face* Rishabh isn't believing Aashi *heartbreaks* 

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments :* :*