Chapter 31 ~ The New Sales Manager

One month later,

Aashi felt conscious as she decided what to wear that day, she had never paid much attention to her look but today is special, Rishabh will be joining them. She could barely control her smile as she rummaged through her wardrobe searching for the perfect attire.

It is very strange, Rishabh's favorite color - Aashi thought with a smile as she buttoned her sleeveless brown shirt. Brown, seriously. She tied a belt around her white cigarette pants and slipped into brown closed slippers. She combed her hair neatly and applied little make-up, the usual.

Suchitra complimented her. Aashi was happy. She was even more excited as she had also gotten her license and will soon be getting her car, till then it is Himanshu who will be giving her lift to the office.

******************************

'All the best with your new Manager.' Himanshu said as the two got down from his car.

'Thanks.' Aashi said brightly. Himanshu frowned, he has never seen her so happy before.

'Someone is all smiles.' Himanshu said raising his eyebrow, as the two stepped into the elevator.

'It's a new day that's why?' Aashi smiled pressing the button to her floor. They looked at each other as the elevator door opened.

Aashi is to stop at floor 8 while Himanshu goes higher, the elevator door opened on the 8th floor.

'Okay the-' Aashi stopped speaking as she saw Rishabh on the other side, he was passing by and stopped when he saw Aashi.

'Aashi, see you for lunch.' Himanshu said placing his palm on her shoulder. Rishabh looked at Aashi to Himanshu, Aashi noticed his gaze lingered on Himanshu's palm and her shoulder briefly. Aashi quickly looked away and smiled at Himanshu.

'Sure.' She said. As she turned back she saw Rishabh wasn't there. Stepping out of her cabin, she saw him walking towards his new cabin.

She stared at his back for few seconds before turning to walk towards her cabin.

********************************

Aashi had fixed a meeting for all her team members to officially introduce Rishabh, the new Sales Manager of Pune branch. She asked her assistant to inform everyone.

'Sure, Maam, and-'

'Yes, Mr. Singhaniya?' Aashi asked with a smile to not make him feel hesitant.

'Few members want to throw a farewell party for Abhishek during lunchtime, they hoped if you could-' he stopped speaking when Aashi's smile faded, her expressions turned stern.

She looked away saying. 'I don't time for all that.'

'But-' He stopped when Aashi looked at him sternly. He gulped and nodded, then turned around and left. After he left Aashi thought, Abhishek had been her best employee and he is leaving for good, so it wouldn't hurt if she joins in his happy times.

Aashi: I might be late for lunch, have an important meeting. If it takes very long, you carry on without me.

Himanshu: Okay (Sad face)

Aashi smiled placing her mobile on the table, she rose from her seat and straightened her dress. She washed her face, fixed her hair and re-did her make-up and walked out of the washroom. She had always been excited about meetings, but today it is a special meeting and she is doubly excited.

*******************************

She entered the cabin and is happy to see everyone from the team present for the meeting, everyone on time. She is a very punctual person and the ones who come late are a very big turn off for her. Everyone working for her has realized this by now.

The seat next to her, where her right-hand man, Abhishek used to sit, is now occupied by Rishabh. Sneha, one of the team member next to him is talking something to him, he is listening and nodding. From his body language, Aashi knew he isn't interested but doesn't want to come out as rude.

'How is everyone?' She said loudly getting everyone's attention. As they looked at her, there is absolute silence in the cabin, everyone's eyes on her. Aashi felt conscious with Rishabh's gaze on her. But she didn't let that show on her face and walked confidently towards her seat.

'So, everyone we have gathered here to welcome our new Sales Manager for Pune,

Mr. Rishabh Khurana,'- As she looked at Rishabh everyone looked at him.

'Welcome, Mr. Khurana.' She smiled formally, he nodded acknowledging her. Aashi then formally introduced him to the other members.

'Sneha, please hand Rishabh all the details and Mr. Khurana go through the mails, Abhishek, your peer will give details and make a plan.' Aashi said seriously.

'Yes, Maam.' Rishabh replied formally.

'Aashi, call me Aashi.' She said and noticed Rishabh's surprised look, she covered up with a smile. Rishabh looked stunned for a second before nodding his head, - 'Yes, Aashi.' And she felt her heart skip a beat. After ten years, she is hearing her name from him. With his baritone matured now, her name sounds so different then the last she had heard from him.

'And-', - She looked at the other team members, - 'Shall we leave, we have a farewell to attend.' Aashi said with a smile and everyone in the room exchanged smiles sighing excitedly.

*******************************

Aashi combed her hair and adjusted her shirt and left her cabin, as she walked through the corridor she stopped by Rishabh's cabin. She looked around and debated for few seconds if she should knock, but then she took a step back deciding not to. She was about to turn when Rishabh opened the door. Aashi froze.

'Yes.' He asked looking at her

'Nothing.' Aashi said shaking her head. She felt embarrassed, what is she doing? They aren't friends anymore, they aren't in college, they are now full-grown people and she is his boss. To avoid any further embarrassment, Aashi turned around and walked away briskly.

Coming to Farewell party was Aashi's mistake, she felt bored and honestly didn't like everyone behaving formally with her. The smile on Abhishek's face and his sweet words of gratitude was the saving grace making everything worth it. Aashi also didn't have much food, she left the party quickly.

Back in the office, this time as she crossed by Rishabh's cabin, she didn't stop and kept walking towards her cabin.

*******************************

Welcome the new Sales Manager, guys *_* Mr. Rishbah Khurana *smiles* *claps* *some more smiles*

By the way, someone is not liking someone with someone *evil smiles*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop in your thoughts *smiles*