Chapter 5~ Try Outs and Lucky Charm

After that incident, everything changed. Rajeev was no longer intimidating and was kicked out from the "cool gang", while Rishabh was welcomed with open arms. Aashi, Kajal and Suchitra were no longer the out casts and students actually feared Aashi. She liked being the Don of the place; they were still the "nerd gang" though. But the best part, Aashi and Rishabh were friends again, this time they promised to never fight again, pinky promised.

One week later, the final bell rang ending the session for the day.

'Hey, coming over for next week's test preps?' Kajal asked. Yesterday the three had planned to have group study for the tests next week, it is a simple test which carries 10% weight in exams. Suchitra nodded her head while Aashi shook her head.

'I love to guys, but can't.'

'Why?' the other two asked curiously

'For now, I am going to Rishabh's football match. It's tryouts, he wants to get selected and wants me there,' - Aashi smiled, - 'he thinks I am his lucky charm.' A light crimson red adorned her cheek. Kajal and Suchitra passed a grin at each other.

'You like him, don't you?' Suchitra nudged Aashi's arm.

'Of course, I like him.' Aashi said casually.

Kajal and Suchitra's grin widened, - 'Oooo, someone is in love.' they gushed. Aashi frowned and looked at them.

'What?' She pressed her lips tightly. Her friends giggled. Without saying anything they walked away, Aashi frowned staring at their backs and not getting what they meant.

Of course, she likes Rishabh, but only as a friend. Love, Rishabh? Yuck, Aashi made a face.

**************************************

Aashi hurried towards the field, there are many boys standing there lined up. A well-built man in a track suit who Aashi assumed to be the coach was giving a lecture to them. Everyone had their eyes on him and were focused except for one boy, Rishabh. He kept looking everywhere. When his gaze met Aashi, she waved at him smiling widely, only then he relaxed.

Aashi gave him thumbs up which he acknowledged with a small nod. Aashi took her seat right in the front so that Rishabh can easily see her and she too can see him play. As the Coach blew the whistle, Aashi began to make silent prayers, she had her fingers crossed as she watched her best friend play.

Once the whistle blew, Rishabh was completely zoned out. He was fully focused on the game. Aashi watched holding her breath. Every time he made a goal, she cheered the loudest. There was hardly anyone present here and so she stood out. Rishabh passed her a smile every time their gaze met.

Soon, there was time out and Aashi quickly leaped from her seat.

She took out a water sipper filled with energy drink and hurried towards Rishabh, all the while adjusting the sling of the bag on her shoulder.

Rishabh took a towel and wiped the sweat off his face and nape when Aashi came to him.

'Here.' She forwarded him the bottle.

'Thanks.' He said gratefully and took the bottle from him. As he drank, Aashi talked about how impressive he played and will definitely get selected in the team. Rishabh felt so much motivated by her words, she knew he was, she could see it in his eyes.

'Thanks.' Rishabh said patting her shoulder, Aashi smiled at him and whispered all the best as the coach blew the whistle again.

*************************************