13. Upcoming Festivities

"Maharaj we have made all the preparations for the Navratri festivities. We just need you to look over the important details."

Karna nodded at one of his ministers who presented him with some papers.

"Keshanji I think the these duties regarding the hospitality of the brahmans, the payments of entertainers and the different feasts now come under the purview of the Maharani. She will look after them" he said turning to his wife sitting beside him.

"Oh of course Maharaj. It totally slipped my mind. We are just so used to you doing everything. Please excuse me."

The ministers continued presenting their reports one after the other and at last the King and Queen were left alone in the ornate hall.

"Draupadi I must say you have indeed done a great job in managing the palace as well as the Navratri preparations. I am impressed."

"Angraj I do enjoy such activities which challenge my intellect."

"And my responsibilities have been lightened now."

He smiled at his wife. She had regained her regal bearing to a degree. Now she went about the palace confidently giving orders, supervising and overall being an efficient task- master. The staff had grown fond of their sweet and kind Queen and he couldn't be more pleased- a part of his worries were decreasing. Now he only wished the subjects of Anga would love their Queen as much as they loved their King. But then he hadn't left much scope for that having ensured she had minimal interactions with all outsiders. This Navratri festival would slowly help in this regard but slowly.

"Angraj"

He heard a tentative voice beside him. It belonged to his wife.

"Angraj what are you think of?"

"Draupadi I want to apologize for that night I abruptly left dinner and did not offer any explanations after that."

"Angraj Karna I had almost forgotten about it. Please don't worry about that" she said sweetly.

"Panchali would you like to take a walk in the gardens."

"Sure Angraj"