vii. more to the story

☆。 *。 ☆。
★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★
T O B E   T R U S T E D
( chapter seven )
★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★
☆。 *。 ☆。

☆。 *。 ☆。★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★T O   B E   T R U S T E D( chapter seven )★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★☆。 *。 ☆。

* . °•| To say that Lyla wasn't in the mood for a night out with Mike Newton, Jessica Stanley and Eric Yorkie, was a vast understatement, even if she would have the much more bearable company of Angela Weber, Bella and Jacob. She'd met Bella's group of friends a few times while working at the diner, but she couldn't stand Mike's unwavering ability to flirt with any girl he could find, or Jessica's never-ending stream of unwanted shallow opinions, or even Eric's mindless babbling. Maybe that made Lyla judgy and mean, but after the week she'd had, she really didn't care.

Seeing Jared suddenly so happy with his new girlfriend, who they'd finally labelled as Kim Connweller, made Lyla think of not only the friendship he'd thrown away, but the potential they'd had for more. Jess and countless others had always teased them about how they would end up together, and Lyla never realised how much the idea appealed to her until she saw it crushed in front of her very eyes.

"Come on, get up. I'm not going without you." Jacob snapped at Lyla, the girl hiding under her duvet after Jacob let himself into her house.

Eventually her new friend managed to drag Lyla to the movie theatre to meet the others, though she complained the whole ride their from in between Jacob and Bella in the latter's truck. Matters were made even worse by the news of everyone else but Mike bailing, leaving Lyla to awkwardly sit there while the two boys vied silently for Bella's attention. It was just the cherry on top when they all had to follow Mike out of the movie as the gore made him need to empty the contents of his stomach - which Lyla failed to understand since the film was so bad, you could clearly see how all the shredded guts were made of spaghetti.

"Hey, guys, I'm going to head home." Lyla spoke up, sensing the tension finally rising to breaking point between Bella and Jacob after so long.

"I'm your ride." Bella pointed out.

"Jess is passing through, I already text her to pick me up." Lyla lied. "I'll see you guys tomorrow?"

She practically sprinted out of there after she received two nods, eager to start her long walk home and get away from the sexual tension sizzling between Bella and Jacob. She'd text Jess, hoping for a lift, but there had been no reply. It had been half an hour of walking and refusing creepy truck drivers offering her lifts before a familiar blue truck began to crawl along beside her.

"Are you stalking me now or something?" Lyla asked, hating herself for being tempted to smile.

"Nah, I just have a knack for finding damsels in distress on the side of the road." Paul responded.