xx. pack life

☆。 *。 ☆。
★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★
T O B E   T R U S T E D
( chapter twenty)
★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★
☆。 *。 ☆。

☆。 *。 ☆。★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★T O   B E   T R U S T E D( chapter twenty)★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★☆。 *。 ☆。

* . °•| "I just can't believe you and Paul still aren't official yet." Emily groaned, giggling when Lyla rolled her eyes at the regular conversation topic between her and the girls.

The pair stood in Emily's kitchen, preparing food for when the boys got back from patrol, technically Lyla was supposed to be at school - something Emily loved to remind and scold her about - but with summer so close and Paul's constant patrol meaning she rarely got to see him, she figured missing a day or two wasn't that bad.

"I'm perfectly happy with how it is. I'm not like you, I don't do lovey-dovey." Lyla said.

"And the way you two look at each other isn't 'lovey-dovey'?" Emily asked with a raised brow.

"Shut up." Lyla dismisses with a laugh.

The past few months had been good, her and Paul had gotten closer than ever, though she was reluctant to go to fast, just as he was reluctant to tell her about why they were so drawn to each other. Jess hadn't forgiven Lyla yet, but she also dropped her obnoxious friends and no longer taunted or spread rumours about Lyla. Lyla instead spent her time with the pack, Kim and Emily, and she was happy. She hadn't spoken to Bella either, not really comfortable with the whole vampire-boyfriend thing, though she missed her friend, and felt bad about how they'd left things.

The sound of the packs stupid call rang through the air, smiles immediately spreading on the two girls' faces as their boys came rushing through the door, laughing and pushing each other about.

Sam immediately went to Emily, kissing each of her scars before her lips.

"Oh, hey Loca!" Jared greeted her enthusiastically, after scanning the room for food.

"Hey, guys." Lyla chuckled, swatting Jared away as he ruffled her hair, and punching Embry in the arm for pinching her in the side as he passed.

"Hey." Paul's voice caused her to tear her glare away from the other two boys. "I didn't know you were gonna be here, what about school?"

"School's boring, you guys are slightly more entertaining. Only slightly." She answered, smiling at the scoff that came from Quil's mouth as she added the last part.

Paul pulled her into a hug, relieved to see her after the exhausting night-long patrol.

"Food!" Emily announced, setting the dish on the table.