xxiii. imprint

☆。 *。 ☆。
★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★
T O B E   T R U S T E D
( chapter twenty three )
★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★
☆。 *。 ☆。

☆。 *。 ☆。★ 。 \   |   / 。 ★T O   B E   T R U S T E D( chapter twenty three )★ 。 /   |   \ 。 ★☆。 *。 ☆。

* . °•| Warmth. That was the first thing that Lyla felt when she woke up. The weight of secure arms around her waist and a hard chest against her back. She turned her head slightly, seeing Paul fast asleep beside her; she took a moment to look at him, turning gently in his arms to face him. He looked peaceful, without the brooding look all of the boys seemed to wear around people, or the smile he would wear around her and his brothers. Lyla wasn't surprised he'd fallen asleep while laying with her, it wasn't the first time, the nights of patrolling took their toll, and even when he wasn't sprinting through the forest, it was hard for him to sleep - to busy worrying about the constant looming threat of vampires, or wondering when the best time to tell Lyla the full truth would be.

"Morning creeper." Paul whispered, his eyes remaining closed, though a small smirk spread on his lips as he felt Lyla watching him.

"Morning." She chuckled.

"What time is it?" He asked, groggily reaching for his phone that he'd left in the pocket of his shorts.

"Not sure." Lyla responded, sitting up herself.

"9:23." He informed. "Lucky it was my night off."

"Lucky it wasn't a school night." Lyla chuckled back, scooping her hair up into a ponytail, and standing from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Paul pouted, quickly sitting up and grabbing her around the waist and pulling her back onto the bed, laughing at her squeal.

Lyla couldn't help but let out a laugh as Paul flipped himself on top of her.

"Paul." She whined playfully, though she couldn't wipe the smile from her face. "Come on we need to get up."

"Why, we could have way more fun if we didn't." Paul smirked teasingly, ducking down to kiss her neck.

"Paul." Lyla laughed. "Come on now, Brian's here, you should go."

"Brian's not here, he left like an hour ago." He told her between kisses.

"Wha-You've been awake for an hour?" Lyla pushed him back, looking at him with a playful shocked expression.

"Maybe." He smirked.

She scoffed, before flipping them over so she was straddling him. "And why didn't you wake me up?"